169.600 ny

Status
Not open for further replies.

FireBuff44

anyone else hear this frequency active in the last week or so? it is digital mode. sounds like federal protective services agency cause they do the roll call every few hours. it might be a patch of some sort- it sounds like that audio type you here when they are patching. the signal is strong i picked it up all over northern nj.

stevenmilford

federal frequencies

hi all anyone on here no any federal freqauencies for the state of delaware fema or any others the the state please let me no post them on here thank you

FireBuff44

169.600 - NAC 169 - is a VHF simulcast of 417.200 - FPS 1.

Thanks TAS. thats what I thought. this is a new one for me, i don't remember this freq before. the other day there was nypd citywide 1 being rebroadcast over this channel during the yankee parade and alot of talking about "ICE" units.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
It is a new frequency (with a new NAC). Since you mentioned CW1 was broadcasted over it, I wonder if they are testing a new repeater/system by patching different agencies into it from time to time.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
No more FPS simulcast, now they are patching Newark PD Citywide channel.

SCANdal

Silent Key
169.600. Hmm, my records show that to be allocated to the US DoI's Geological Survey. A very interseting find there, '44. I shall tune in.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
I've confirmed the frequency was being used by DHS HQ personnel that were in the NY area for about a week...and for testing purposes only.

FireBuff44

I've confirmed the frequency was being used by DHS HQ personnel that were in the NY area for about a week...and for testing purposes only.

Wow e911god, thanks for the info. you always come thru with the federal info. thanks to the other posters also, for helphing to identify this freq. if DHS headquarters was testing this then maybe there will be something to it down the road. i havent heard of nac 169 before except for fbi.

ClayD

By DHS HQ personnel, i assume you mean the US Department of Homeland security, which from the web shows as having these agencies below under it.

DHS | Department Subcomponents and Agencies

Department Components

The Directorate for National Protection and Programs works to advance the Department's risk-reduction mission. Reducing risk requires an integrated approach that encompasses both physical and virtual threats and their associated human elements.

The Directorate for Science and Technology is the primary research and development arm of the Department. It provides federal, state and local officials with the technology and capabilities to protect the homeland.

The Directorate for Management is responsible for Department budgets and appropriations, expenditure of funds, accounting and finance, procurement; human resources, information technology systems, facilities and equipment, and the identification and tracking of performance measurements.

The Office of Policy is the primary policy formulation and coordination component for the Department of Homeland Security. It provides a centralized, coordinated focus to the development of Department-wide, long-range planning to protect the United States.

The Office of Health Affairs coordinates all medical activities of the Department of Homeland Security to ensure appropriate preparation for and response to incidents having medical significance.

The Office of Intelligence and Analysis is responsible for using information and intelligence from multiple sources to identify and assess current and future threats to the United States.

The Office of Operations Coordination is responsible for monitoring the security of the United States on a daily basis and coordinating activities within the Department and with governors, Homeland Security Advisors, law enforcement partners, and critical infrastructure operators in all 50 states and more than 50 major urban areas nationwide.

The Federal Law Enforcement Training Center provides career-long training to law enforcement professionals to help them fulfill their responsibilities safely and proficiently.

The Domestic Nuclear Detection Office works to enhance the nuclear detection efforts of federal, state, territorial, tribal, and local governments, and the private sector and to ensure a coordinated response to such threats.

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) protects the nation's transportation systems to ensure freedom of movement for people and commerce.

United States Customs and Border Protection (CBP) is responsible for protecting our nation’s borders in order to prevent terrorists and terrorist weapons from entering the United States, while facilitating the flow of legitimate trade and travel.

United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (CIS) is responsible for the administration of immigration and naturalization adjudication functions and establishing immigration services policies and priorities.

United States Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), the largest investigative arm of the Department of Homeland Security, is responsible for identifying and shutting down vulnerabilities in the nation’s border, economic, transportation and infrastructure security.

The United States Coast Guard protects the public, the environment, and U.S. economic interests—in the nation’s ports and waterways, along the coast, on international waters, or in any maritime region as required to support national security.

The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) prepares the nation for hazards, manages Federal response and recovery efforts following any national incident, and administers the National Flood Insurance Program.

The United States Secret Service protects the President and other high-level officials and investigates counterfeiting and other financial crimes, including financial institution fraud, identity theft, computer fraud; and computer-based attacks on our nation’s financial, banking, and telecommunications infrastructure.

APX8000

Sarcastic Member
Yes, by DHS I mean the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. When they were referring to ICE units, they were referring to U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement.

ECHO3

The FPS is phasing in VHF frequencies for interoperability. 169.6 has been confirmed as an FPS VHF channel in New York. Also, ICE is now part of the NPPD.

Last edited:

MOTOROLANUT

Fps

FPS to the best of my knowledge is not currently licensed in VHF high frequencies, only UHF low band 406-417 spread. FPS was transferred out of ICE and into NPPD as per two weeks ago. ICE themselves continue to use VHF high frequencies. With the transfer of FPS from ICE to NPPD there is a possiblility of additional VHF high band freqs added for interoperability in the future.

Last edited:

ECHO3

My typo FPS is part of NPPD. 169.6000 MHz, NAC 169 was first reported as being a patched simulcast of the Federal Protective Service UHF channel, 417.2000 MHz.

auxscan

off-topic
but does anybody know who uses the 160.825?
it sounds like law enforcment operations. anybody confirming this?

Status
Not open for further replies.