Vice President Biden in town

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stavro35

O.k so the Vice president is in Tacoma to speak at Ft Lewis. I am getting digital encrypted traffic on the jiwn
But no talkgroups. I'm not sure that my PSR 500 is programmed correctly for JIWN in my area.? I never hear anything at all,including that awful encrypted noise.

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
O.k so the Vice president is in Tacoma to speak at Ft Lewis. I am getting digital encrypted traffic on the jiwn
But no talkgroups. I'm not sure that my PSR 500 is programmed correctly for JIWN in my area.? I never hear anything at all,including that awful encrypted noise.

I'm not sure how you are getting traffic but no talk groups on the PSR-500, Steve. But the IWN is busy down in Portland today, too.

For what it's worth, I was at game 3 of the World Series in Philadelphia and VP Biden was in attendance there. He gets a little lower-profile protection than the President does, but they were on 165.3750 MHz (CHARLIE) and 164.6500 MHz (TANGO) while he was at the game. Although I know the Seattle Secret Service Field Office as IWN radios, I doubt that the traveling security detail with Biden would have IWN capable radios, but who knows. There may have been related traffic on the 380 MHz P-25 Ft. Lewis system while he was there as well.

- Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.