DFW Fed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaine

Premium Subscriber
Well the weather certainly has not stopped the feds from being extremely active yesterday and today on the radio. Some of this will be rehash but still good and confirmed.

Yesterday, confirmed 170.800 NAC293 is definitely in use by USMS. Referred to as TA-8 (pronounced like Tah as in Tahoe) or something that sounds very similar to that. They were doing extensive radio tests with an airborne unit and (I'm assuming) radio techs at the transmitter site, and the main dispatch console. Airborne unit was loud and clear, as well as main console. They can use encrypt on this frequency. Techs didn't decode on the GRE. They (I assume) were simplex. The BC780 (which YES is MORE sensitive than the GRE) , did pick up the techs P25 transmission low level, so they were on the SAME frequency. I was wondering why I was only decoding one side of the conversation, and that was it. Did a side by side comparison on the same frequency. The output level for the techs were just not strong enough for the GRE to decode the P25 signal. Would have been interesting to see if a 396XT would have been more sensitive or not.

Something to keep in mind for those that are new to listening to the feds on P25. Unless the signal is good into the radio to decode it, you may very well completely miss it. The digital transmissions are so fickle, and oftentimes transmit or output power just doesn't seem to be as powerful as comparable analog repeaters and such. If ever a good example
for a high unobstructed outside antenna, this is one.

Today -

163.700 NAC031 Confirmed Immigration and Detention - vans, ops, Dallas Office

165.950 NAC001 I have this as IRS CID and have not heard activity in a very long time. Today though they are in surveillance and major
op going on. Can go encrypt on this as well.

171.4375 NAC653 Morning radio tests around ten-ish every day...DFW West Interagency FBI Dallas to various public safety and federal agencies in west metro....

170.725 NAC653 Morning radio tests around ten-ish every day ....DFW East Interagency FBI Dallas to various public safety and federal agencies in east metro....Plano, Collin Co, and Denton Co are on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.