fed repeater sites

Status
Not open for further replies.

reconrider8

is there any resources online to find where the sites are? and do any of the fed sites link multi state? i read back through the fed forum and i saw a post from years ago but im just wondering if there is any new info now.

ecps92

a.) Search/Read forums such as this and see what folks may have close-called over the years or monitoring for your area. Blogs such as Monitoring Times FedCom

b.) Yes, some NET's do cover Multiple states (some by design / others just by RF not stopping at the border crossings)

c.) Keep searching/asking posting (Non Active Surv) questions/freqs etc

It does take awhile to find them all, and as some will tell you, there is more out there, just not reported/posted - and NOT all will be - sometimes it's nice to keep some close-to-the-vest just because I want to keep listening to the Surv in my back-yard :cool:
tes are? and do any of the fed sites link multi state? i read back through the fed forum and i saw a post from years ago but im just wondering if there is any new info now.[/QUOTE]

tbendick

Premium Subscriber
Look up fio that's the federal interop. NYC does a roll call on Wednesday at 10am. Lots of interesting agencies on the system.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
is there any resources online to find where the sites are? and do any of the fed sites link multi state? i read back through the fed forum and i saw a post from years ago but im just wondering if there is any new info now.

There is not a online resource, but I can tell you that Federal repeater sites are located at many different locations. The regional repeaters that are wide area coverage are usually located on television and radio towers. The local area repeaters are usually on top of buildings or cellular towers located in and around the city of coverage.

Then there are the covert repeater systems that can be located wherever needed. I do know for a fact that many flagpoles on government buildings are used for UHF/VHF/HF radio communication antennas.

Yes, there are many agencies that have multi state links that can be linked and unlinked when necessary. Down here in the southeast part of the country, the DOJ have a VHF system that can link Miami, FL, Atlanta, GA, Mobile, AL and all areas in between.

reconrider8

thanks signal that was the kind of answer i was looking for i didnt know if they rented space on other towers or just shot on their own towers for repeating

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
thanks signal that was the kind of answer i was looking for i didnt know if they rented space on other towers or just shot on their own towers for repeating

Your welcome. They rent space on towers and buildings and also use their own buildings and towers. Wherever and whatever is needed for radio coverage is used.

Status
Not open for further replies.