US Park Police - DC Area Assistace

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesO

Maybe I am not good with searching or have missed a key piece of info somewhere.

I am looking for US Park Police Frequencies in the VA/MD/DC area.

Looking for GW Parkway, Clara Barton Parkway, Carter Rock, Great Falls Park, Turkey Run.

I have found that some of the original analogs have moved over to non trunking P25 and programmed these for monitoring, however, I have not found the amount of traffic and activity that I used to hear back in the analog days.

Has the US Park Police in these area gone to a Fed Trunking system or some other configuration?

I have tried some of the 169-174 MHz P25 channels in but have barely picked up any traffic.

Any insight would be appreciated.

beastieboy101

Maybe I am not good with searching or have missed a key piece of info somewhere.

I am looking for US Park Police Frequencies in the VA/MD/DC area.

Looking for GW Parkway, Clara Barton Parkway, Carter Rock, Great Falls Park, Turkey Run.

I have found that some of the original analogs have moved over to non trunking P25 and programmed these for monitoring, however, I have not found the amount of traffic and activity that I used to hear back in the analog days.

Has the US Park Police in these area gone to a Fed Trunking system or some other configuration?

I have tried some of the 169-174 MHz P25 channels in but have barely picked up any traffic.

Any insight would be appreciated.

The Park Police frequencies can be found here District of Columbia , District of Columbia (DC) Scanner Frequencies and Radio Frequency Reference

The listing for Park Police is about 3/4 of the way down the page.

166.925 is the main dispatch channel

JamesO

Beastie,

Thanks for the response.

I had found some of that info, but I have been monitoring the GW & Clara Barton Pkwy freqs and nothing appears to be showing up. Had not configured the analog Dispatch channel as I though they transitioned from most of the analog.

I will try to configure a scanner just for the Park Police and watch for a while and see if there is much activity.

Possibly Great Falls Park is quiet at this time of year, but usually there are rescues about once a month that may break the silence.

gesucks

All 5 districts of USPPD are on the same channel. The one listed above. NPS units are P25 on their channels and their channels are broken down by Park. Most NPS ranger in the NCR area are not law enforcement rangers. LE is handled by USPPD

USPPD District 1 - Mall downtown
USPPD District 2 - GW parkway, Clara Barton parkway and Great Falls park
USPPD District 3 - Rock Creek Park
USPPD District 4 - BW Parkway
USPPD District 5 - Suitland Parkway

Status
Not open for further replies.