U.S. Army Corps of Engineers

Status
Not open for further replies.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
The VHF band was wide open this morning and I was finally able to put together part of the U.S. Corps of Engineers VHF radio network during their morning radio checks and summaries. I'm located in the northwest part of Florida near Pensacola.

It is still analog with a PL of 146.2 Hz

Interesting thing about the 172.6875 frequency, that is my local VA Hospital security with a NAC of 293.

Program these in and see if they are active in your area and report back. And don't ever give up on searching the bands, I still discover new repeaters / frequencies / systems all the time.

KB1UAM

also 163.4125 pl:173.8 is USACE for Cape Cod Canal and New Bedford hurricane barrier if you wanna tray that one out

Last edited:

ecps92

Isn't 163.0875 R 146.2 the Gainesville VA not ACE ??

The VHF band was wide open this morning and I was finally able to put together part of the U.S. Corps of Engineers VHF radio network during their morning radio checks and summaries. I'm located in the northwest part of Florida near Pensacola.

It is still analog with a PL of 146.2 Hz

Interesting thing about the 172.6875 frequency, that is my local VA Hospital security with a NAC of 293.

Program these in and see if they are active in your area and report back. And don't ever give up on searching the bands, I still discover new repeaters / frequencies / systems all the time.

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
Any idea where this might have originated from?

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
Isn't 163.0875 R 146.2 the Gainesville VA not ACE ??

Actually Bill you most likely are correct. Looking through my logs all those frequencies show VA. What threw me off was the radio checks and a summery of todays weather like I have heard ACE do in the past.

Also, all of my VA repeaters around here are P25 with a NAC of 293, so when I monitored three analog repeaters tied together talking about the weather I thought it was ACE.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
Any idea where this might have originated from?

I have no idea, but I was receiving New Orleans, LA DOJ here in Pensacola, FL. So most likely from West of my location. Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas?

blue5011

I worked for the CoE a number of years ago out of Savannah, GA. At that time there was a linked VHF (163.xxx) rptr setup along the SC, GA, and FL coast. Been looking to see if there is any updated freqs for the CoE this morning. Can't even find a listing of the older rptr freqs. As slow as the government is to adapt to new tech, it wouldn't surprise me to see that this system is still in use.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
I worked for the CoE a number of years ago out of Savannah, GA. At that time there was a linked VHF (163.xxx) rptr setup along the SC, GA, and FL coast. Been looking to see if there is any updated freqs for the CoE this morning. Can't even find a listing of the older rptr freqs. As slow as the government is to adapt to new tech, it wouldn't surprise me to see that this system is still in use.

The only frequencies I have in my log from years ago are 163.4125 and 163.4375. I haven't heard any radio traffic on those from my location in northwest Florida.

ecps92

Over the past 2 yrs, I've seen the ACoE moving to P25
and changing Frequencies to conform to the New NTIA Band Plan

162.0500-166.4875 Mobile/repeater input
166.5000-169.5000 Unpaired single frequency systems
169.5125-173.2000 Base/repeater output
173.4000-173.9875 Base/repeater output

There are also still plenty of Links being used in the 400-420 and Lower VHF (138-144 / 148-150.7)

Find out when your Dams/Hurricane Barriers do a Weekly Roll-Call, that is usually the best time to get good Intel.

kg4wbb

Corp Of Engineers for Augusta , Ga

Would anyone happen to have the frequencies and modulation imfo for the COE at Strong Thurman Lake ( Clarks Hill ) . I thought they might have gone to P25 but not sure. They use to be on VHF. Thanks

kevino

Database Administrator
Database Admin
J. Strom Thurmond Dam and Lake, FWIW...

Would anyone happen to have the frequencies and modulation imfo for the COE at Strong Thurman Lake ( Clarks Hill ) . I thought they might have gone to P25 but not sure. They use to be on VHF. Thanks

spacellamaman

163.4875 pl 186.2 obx

For what it's worth, for a week during summer of 2016 while I was at the NC OBX, Rodanthe specifically, I received a fair bit of clear traffic on

163.4875 PL 186.2

I can't really say for certain anything except they were operating on a range, moving targets, setting up equipment etc, and they're manner of speaking had a distinctly non-military manner. Akin to listening to your local forest service or DOT guys doing their day to day routine.

I had a RS Sputnik discone antenna set up on the 4th (top) level of the house, in the closet that I slept in, using a tripod to reach the highest possible.height. The distance to the Dare County Bombing Range is a bit of a stretch had i been on the ground, but i was basically the highest point for miles around (aside from that wretched VIPER tower that I could nearly touch, RFI overloadin MFer).

Taking that into consideration and the good chance that the Army Corps of Engineers would be the logical choice to administer a range utilized by absolutely every branch of the military, except for the Army, I concluded it was them. the Army Corp of Engineers. Using plain ole analog 163.4875.

There ya go. You can thank me later. I'll wait.

milcom_chaser

For what it's worth, for a week during summer of 2016 while I was at the NC OBX, Rodanthe specifically, I received a fair bit of clear traffic on

163.4875 PL 186.2

I can't really say for certain anything except they were operating on a range, moving targets, setting up equipment etc, and they're manner of speaking had a distinctly non-military manner. Akin to listening to your local forest service or DOT guys doing their day to day routine.

I had a RS Sputnik discone antenna set up on the 4th (top) level of the house, in the closet that I slept in, using a tripod to reach the highest possible.height. The distance to the Dare County Bombing Range is a bit of a stretch had i been on the ground, but i was basically the highest point for miles around (aside from that wretched VIPER tower that I could nearly touch, RFI overloadin MFer).

Taking that into consideration and the good chance that the Army Corps of Engineers would be the logical choice to administer a range utilized by absolutely every branch of the military, except for the Army, I concluded it was them. the Army Corp of Engineers. Using plain ole analog 163.4875.

"in the closet that I slept in"

Glad your out of the closet about that...

ecps92

My notes point your analog find to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Navy_Dare

Most of the USACE that I've found in the past 3 yrs is P25
and now conforming to NTIA Standards

163.4875 PL 186.2

Status
Not open for further replies.