RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Service Specific Monitoring > Federal Monitoring Forum

Federal Monitoring Forum - The place to discuss monitoring federal government communications and related topics

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #941 (permalink)  
Old 01-10-2017, 3:51 PM
kevino's Avatar
Member
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Chicagoland
Posts: 223
Default 414.5625 N168 in Chicago Area

Hearing limited (but encrypted) traffic on 414.5625 N168 from roughly 17 miles due west of downtown Chicago today. Unable to tell if it is simplex or a repeater. FWIW, POTUS will give a speech in Chicago tonight, no way to know if this is connected or not. No previous local reception notes for this freq.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #942 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2017, 7:05 AM
ecps92's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Taxachusetts
Posts: 8,472
Default

$168 and $169 have been observed on this in the past.
FL, MA, NC and TX

One thought was USPS OIG, but that might be a WAG
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevino View Post
Hearing limited (but encrypted) traffic on 414.5625 N168 from roughly 17 miles due west of downtown Chicago today. Unable to tell if it is simplex or a repeater. FWIW, POTUS will give a speech in Chicago tonight, no way to know if this is connected or not. No previous local reception notes for this freq.
__________________
Bill N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://www.scanmaritime.com
Reply With Quote
  #943 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2017, 9:07 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: municipality of great state of insanity
Posts: 100
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecps92 View Post
$168 and $169 have been observed on this in the past.
FL, MA, NC and TX

One thought was USPS OIG, but that might be a WAG
If the info for the above comes from a source other than your personal notes etc, could you point me in the right direction for the noted NC usage/Rx?
Reply With Quote
  #944 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2017, 11:51 AM
ecps92's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Taxachusetts
Posts: 8,472
Default

414.5625 $169 Unknown
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacellamaman View Post
If the info for the above comes from a source other than your personal notes etc, could you point me in the right direction for the noted NC usage/Rx?
__________________
Bill N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://www.scanmaritime.com
Reply With Quote
  #945 (permalink)  
Old 01-11-2017, 12:27 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: municipality of great state of insanity
Posts: 100
Default

Ahhh sorry about that. I should wait till I have been awake for a few more hours before I post on here. much appreciated and sorry to trouble you over what i should have done before i asked.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions