RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Service Specific Monitoring > Federal Monitoring Forum


Federal Monitoring Forum - The place to discuss monitoring federal government communications and related topics

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #961 (permalink)  
Old 09-09-2017, 6:09 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Joplin Mo
Posts: 504
Default 170.3375 $c00

Heard brief encoded words on 170.3375 with a NAC of C00 (never saw that one before!) In SW Mo near Joplin on a high tropo-enhanced day recently. TSA??

W
__________________
Wally Bloss, WB0BAV
HTTP//www.wallybloss.com
A Human
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #962 (permalink)  
Old 09-10-2017, 12:40 PM
ecps92's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Taxachusetts
Posts: 9,791
Default

Could have been a weak NAC, and decoded incorrectly.

Lock onto it, see if you get it again.
The last $C00 I saw was ICE, but not on that freq, from Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbloss View Post
Heard brief encoded words on 170.3375 with a NAC of C00 (never saw that one before!) In SW Mo near Joplin on a high tropo-enhanced day recently. TSA??

W
__________________
Bill N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://www.scanmaritime.com
Reply With Quote
  #963 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2017, 10:21 AM
signal500's Avatar
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Florida Panhandle
Posts: 511
Default Unknown 168.450 N502

A new one for me was logged last night. 168.450 N502. All comms were encrypted. TG:1 and all IDs were 1? I'm fairly sure it was a repeater output frequency. I'm in Northwest Florida near Pensacola. Any ideas?
__________________
Douglas - K4DPS / WPUT291
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/k4dps
Reply With Quote
  #964 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2017, 10:30 AM
ecps92's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Taxachusetts
Posts: 9,791
Default

Historically [altho always subject to changes] this was a DoE Freq
Quote:
Originally Posted by signal500 View Post
A new one for me was logged last night. 168.450 N502. All comms were encrypted. TG:1 and all IDs were 1? I'm fairly sure it was a repeater output frequency. I'm in Northwest Florida near Pensacola. Any ideas?
__________________
Bill N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://www.scanmaritime.com
Reply With Quote
  #965 (permalink)  
Old 12-03-2017, 10:31 AM
ecps92's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Taxachusetts
Posts: 9,791
Default

Any further receptions ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbloss View Post
Heard brief encoded words on 170.3375 with a NAC of C00 (never saw that one before!) In SW Mo near Joplin on a high tropo-enhanced day recently. TSA??

W
__________________
Bill N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://www.scanmaritime.com
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #966 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2017, 6:59 AM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Deltaville, Virginia
Posts: 20
Default A mystery too

Got a hit on 792.9937. Unknown entitiy. Any ideas?
Reply With Quote
  #967 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2017, 7:35 AM
ecps92's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Taxachusetts
Posts: 9,791
Default

Likely Not Federal

700 MHz Public Safety Band Plan - The RadioReference Wiki

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricktal1965 View Post
Got a hit on 792.9937. Unknown entitiy. Any ideas?
__________________
Bill N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://www.scanmaritime.com
Reply With Quote
  #968 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2017, 9:41 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
Posts: 551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecps92 View Post
Any further receptions ??
I'm up here in St. Louis and I believe that's the Arrow Head frequency, which is used nationwide for local, state, county, inoperablity to federal government. When they set it up in St. Louis, they would do radio checks and you would hear everyone do radio calls. Once the tests were completed they began encryption / non encryption, but then went to full encryption.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #969 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2017, 10:59 AM
ecps92's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Taxachusetts
Posts: 9,791
Default

Are you thinking of the DOJ 25 Cities Interop ?? which generally use $653

Federal/Non-Federal Interoperability - The RadioReference Wiki


Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisx50 View Post
I'm up here in St. Louis and I believe that's the Arrow Head frequency, which is used nationwide for local, state, county, inoperablity to federal government. When they set it up in St. Louis, they would do radio checks and you would hear everyone do radio calls. Once the tests were completed they began encryption / non encryption, but then went to full encryption.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
__________________
Bill N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://www.scanmaritime.com
Reply With Quote
  #970 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2017, 12:07 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: St. Charles, Missouri
Posts: 551
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecps92 View Post
Are you thinking of the DOJ 25 Cities Interop ?? which generally use $653

Federal/Non-Federal Interoperability - The RadioReference Wiki
Yes that's the one, but it's not the same frequency so I'm guessing it's not it.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #971 (permalink)  
Old 12-04-2017, 4:22 PM
ecps92's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Taxachusetts
Posts: 9,791
Default

Nope, nor the same NAC
Quote:
Originally Posted by stlouisx50 View Post
Yes that's the one, but it's not the same frequency so I'm guessing it's not it.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk
__________________
Bill N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://www.scanmaritime.com
Reply With Quote
  #972 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2017, 11:26 AM
signal500's Avatar
Member
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Florida Panhandle
Posts: 511
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecps92 View Post
Historically [altho always subject to changes] this was a DoE Freq
Thank you, Bill. I have not logged any DoE traffic in my area until now. I appreciate the help.
__________________
Douglas - K4DPS / WPUT291
My YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/k4dps
Reply With Quote
  #973 (permalink)  
Old 12-06-2017, 12:01 PM
ecps92's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Taxachusetts
Posts: 9,791
Default

Can't find a good web site that lists all of the DoE Locations.
The one web map doesn't list them all

I do recall something being in the Panhandle area, years ago, but can't find in my older notes

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal500 View Post
Thank you, Bill. I have not logged any DoE traffic in my area until now. I appreciate the help.
__________________
Bill N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://www.scanmaritime.com
Reply With Quote
  #974 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2017, 12:44 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: North Augusta, SC
Posts: 196
Default Can anyone help ID this system

I have Fort Gordon across the river in Ga and Savannah River site on my side of the river,

FileVersion:8
-TowerInfo
#This section is here for information only. With the exception
#of the Call Sign(s), This data is not Read back into the program at all.
System ID : 04B
System Name :
WACN : 86392
Tower Number (Decimal): 11-11
Tower Number (Hex) : T0B0B
Tower Description :
Control Capabilities : Data,Voice,Registration
Flavor : Phase 1
Call Sign(s) :
Timestamp : Fri Dec 8 19:17:55 2017

-Tables
#Format: Table ID,Base Freq,Spacing,Input Offset,Assumed/Confirmed,BandWidth,Slots
00,380.00000,0.01250,10.00000,"Confirmed",0.01250, 1

-Frequencies
#Format: Channel,Usage,Frequency(/Slot),Input Channel,Input Frequency(/Slot),Input Explicit(1/0),Hit Count
"00-0742","c",389.27500,"00-0742",399.27500,0,0

-Neighbors
#Format: TowerID,TowerIDHex,System ID,Channel,Frequency,Tower Name
404,"T0404",04b,"00-0450",385.62500,""
505,"T0505",04b,"00-0006",380.07500,""
Reply With Quote
  #975 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2017, 1:07 PM
ecps92's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Taxachusetts
Posts: 9,791
Default

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=6575

Quote:
Originally Posted by shajoe44 View Post
I have Fort Gordon across the river in Ga and Savannah River site on my side of the river,

FileVersion:8
-TowerInfo
#This section is here for information only. With the exception
#of the Call Sign(s), This data is not Read back into the program at all.
System ID : 04B
System Name :
WACN : 86392
Tower Number (Decimal): 11-11
Tower Number (Hex) : T0B0B
Tower Description :
Control Capabilities : Data,Voice,Registration
Flavor : Phase 1
Call Sign(s) :
Timestamp : Fri Dec 8 19:17:55 2017

-Tables
#Format: Table ID,Base Freq,Spacing,Input Offset,Assumed/Confirmed,BandWidth,Slots
00,380.00000,0.01250,10.00000,"Confirmed",0.01250, 1

-Frequencies
#Format: Channel,Usage,Frequency(/Slot),Input Channel,Input Frequency(/Slot),Input Explicit(1/0),Hit Count
"00-0742","c",389.27500,"00-0742",399.27500,0,0

-Neighbors
#Format: TowerID,TowerIDHex,System ID,Channel,Frequency,Tower Name
404,"T0404",04b,"00-0450",385.62500,""
505,"T0505",04b,"00-0006",380.07500,""
__________________
Bill N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://www.scanmaritime.com
Reply With Quote
  #976 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2017, 2:05 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Dec 2000
Location: North Augusta, SC
Posts: 196
Default

Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #977 (permalink)  
Old 12-09-2017, 5:14 PM
Member
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 1,480
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by signal500 View Post
A new one for me was logged last night. 168.450 N502. All comms were encrypted. TG:1 and all IDs were 1? I'm fairly sure it was a repeater output frequency. I'm in Northwest Florida near Pensacola. Any ideas?
The DOE SPR sites may have recently (last month or so) changed freqs and gone P25 on their remaining analog freqs based on monitoring in Texas, with 168.45 being one of the new repeater outputs. I'm not sure what DOE site would be in your area though.
Reply With Quote
  #978 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2018, 3:01 PM
MikeMike's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: CT
Posts: 59
Default 171.975 n141

Shoreline of CT area and hearing this frequency strong with in the clear talk of what sounds like fire system testing. Been going on two days now. I've searched the database and online without any real leads.

I have this frequency listed as a CPB DNET (Specifically DNET 169). Hearing call outs for "Buildings 725" "Building 740" and another person wearing what sounded like breathing equipment "entering the 'linac' area with booties on". "Linac" could be a linear accelerator so perhaps this is a VA hospital or something but I'm curious if anyone else has any clues given the typical allocation of this freq.

Thanks in advance!

-MikeMike
__________________
__________________
MikeMike
Central CT Shoreline
Reply With Quote
  #979 (permalink)  
Old 01-17-2018, 4:11 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 466
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
Shoreline of CT area and hearing this frequency strong with in the clear talk of what sounds like fire system testing. Been going on two days now. I've searched the database and online without any real leads.

I have this frequency listed as a CPB DNET (Specifically DNET 169). Hearing call outs for "Buildings 725" "Building 740" and another person wearing what sounded like breathing equipment "entering the 'linac' area with booties on". "Linac" could be a linear accelerator so perhaps this is a VA hospital or something but I'm curious if anyone else has any clues given the typical allocation of this freq.

Thanks in advance!

-MikeMike
Brookhaven National Laboratory on Long Island (Upton, NY). Building 725 is Computational Science Initiative and is near Building 740 which is the area of a particle accelerator facility (RHIC-Relativistic Heavy Ion Collider) fed by a linear accelerator fed by a linear accelerator called the Linac.
Reply With Quote
  #980 (permalink)  
Old 01-18-2018, 7:49 AM
ecps92's Avatar
Member
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Taxachusetts
Posts: 9,791
Default

Yes CBP DNET 169 would be 171.9750 as $001 and with a specific input Freq.

However 171.9750 is used/assigned to many other agencies.

what you are hearing with $141 is the Dept of Energy - Brookhaven - for the Fire/EMS


Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMike View Post
Shoreline of CT area and hearing this frequency strong with in the clear talk of what sounds like fire system testing. Been going on two days now. I've searched the database and online without any real leads.

I have this frequency listed as a CPB DNET (Specifically DNET 169). Hearing call outs for "Buildings 725" "Building 740" and another person wearing what sounded like breathing equipment "entering the 'linac' area with booties on". "Linac" could be a linear accelerator so perhaps this is a VA hospital or something but I'm curious if anyone else has any clues given the typical allocation of this freq.

Thanks in advance!

-MikeMike
__________________
Bill N1KUG
Cruise Ship Frequencies
http://www.scanmaritime.com
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2015 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions