Post Your Mystery Frequencies

Status
Not open for further replies.

SOFA_KING

I see a lot of threads come and go about mystery frequencies. They eventually get lost down on page 2 or 3... Maybe if we keep one thread alive long enough we can get a better response over time. :confused:

I have heard two freqs light up on a band opening that are very heavy on P25 traffic with encryption. This amount of traffic is not normal unless there is something big going down. I can't tell what direction this came from because the band was open in multiple directions that day (three days ago). I think it had to be somewhere in central, northern, or western FL since I have not heard these in SE FL. Here is what I am trying to identify.

164.9250 R NAC 200
166.7375 R NAC 200

I think I heard someone in Jersey mention a big mystery system using the same NAC. If so, who the heck is this? What agency would have such "presence"? Help me out here! :D

Phil :cool:

10-95

I see a lot of threads come and go about mystery frequencies. They eventually get lost down on page 2 or 3... Maybe if we keep one thread alive long enough we can get a better response over time. :confused:

I have heard two freqs light up on a band opening that are very heavy on P25 traffic with encryption. This amount of traffic is not normal unless there is something big going down. I can't tell what direction this came from because the band was open in multiple directions that day (three days ago). I think it had to be somewhere in central, northern, or western FL since I have not heard these in SE FL. Here is what I am trying to identify.

164.9250 R NAC 200
166.7375 R NAC 200

I think I heard someone in Jersey mention a big mystery system using the same NAC. If so, who the heck is this? What agency would have such "presence"? Help me out here! :D

They look like D.O.E. frequencys.

ecps92

Nothing here [reported] in New England, altho we have activity +/- 12.5 Khz on them.

And nothing in my files for a NAC of 200. I do have $201 , $202 etc, but not $200

They look like D.O.E. frequencys.

Last edited:

SOFA_KING

OK. Possible DOE noted. 10-95, you cave confirmed these freqs and NAC in your area?

I live near a nuke plant, but this was an opening and not local. Then there is one in Miami. Maybe... Something to keep an ear on although it doesn't come in often enough to hear much. We need more people in FL on this section of the forum!

SOFA_KING

Another NAC200 Hit

3 AM EST here in FL (now almost 5 AM) and my P25 serch wakes me up. Lots of new stuff, BUT this NAC200 stuff is now S-5. Getting digital TV to the north over 100 miles away (WFTV), and WX stations all over but strong out of Tampa. No talk on the system right now, but it keeps belching. I found another freq with NAC200 to add to the other two above. I found some other stuff too, but I will attempt a lookup before I post anything on them. They might be listed somewhere. Here is the new mystery freq.:

172.5625 NAC200

I'm tired! :(

SOFA_KING

Intel!

OK...Now the opening is very strong and "someone" left the ENC switch off. This NAC200 system is all linked. The reason it is so busy, even on weekends and early morning hours, is because it is being tested for functionality. Mobiles and portables are being tested for location. That's right...they are following each other on a computer screen. Two devices were "on the kitchen table" and visible, an XTS5000 and XTS7000 . All the belching I was hearing was most likely location data going over the system. This is the best time to listen. I would bet they are trying to meet approval for this system with location tracking being a part of the criteria of the Motorola radios. Is this a new feature for Motorola radios? Built in location feature??? I doubt the portables have any external GPS connected to them! Who will eventually own this system? Good question!

If you are near Orlando, LISTEN UP!

Last edited:

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
OK...Now the opening is very strong and "someone" left the ENC switch off. This NAC200 system is all linked. The reason it is so busy, even on weekends and early morning hours, is because it is being tested for functionality. Mobiles and portables are being tested for location. That's right...they are following each other on a computer screen. Two devices were "on the kitchen table" and visible, an XTS5000 and XTS7000 . All the belching I was hearing was most likely location data going over the system. This is the best time to listen. I would bet they are trying to meet approval for this system with location tracking being a part of the criteria of the Motorola radios. Is this a new feature for Motorola radios? Built in location feature??? I doubt the portables have any external GPS connected to them! Who will eventually own this system? Good question!

If you are near Orlando, LISTEN UP!

There is no XTS-7000 radio. Motorola did unveil an APX-7000 multiband P25 portable last year.

Motorola today unveiled the APX 7000 multiband portable P25 radio

I have not personally seen anything up this was using a NAC in the low 200's.

SOFA_KING

SOFA_KING

Another New One!

Man, I can't keep up with this. The band is slightly open, so I do not know where it came from. I just loged 2 pages of new stuff from early this morning and edited one of three scanner files. This is WORK!

Here is the latest:

171.4375 R NAC 653 ALL ENC (so far)

This came in S-4 several times and the NAC is positive.

Anyone?

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber
171.4375 R NAC 653 ALL ENC (so far)

This came in S-4 several times and the NAC is positive.

Anyone?

I have heard that in the Miami area. It's a DoJ Federal Interoperability frequency used in more than a few of the 25-Cities project. It first showed up prior to the Super Bowl in Miami a few years ago. Some clear traffic appears once in a while, but yes they tend to keep the secure mode on...

- Chris

Last edited:

SOFA_KING

I have heard that in the Miami area. It's a DoJ Federal Interoperability frequency used in more than a few of the 25-Cities project. It first showed up prior to the Super Bowl in Miami a few years ago. Some clear traffic appears once in a while, but yes they tend to keep the secure mode on...

- Chris

BONUS!

Thanks, Chris. That goes into the regular scan list! :D

I have yet more P25 mystery freqs. (busy around here with these openings):

164.7500 R (or base) NAC 293 CLR (in the past PL 156.7 and 127.3) DOE?
163.3625 R NAC 131 CLR (secure facility, maybe hospital, alarm systems on site plus door lockdowns) ?
171.1750 NAC 482 CLR (plus NAC 167 FBI in the north and PL 167.9 in the past) What is NAC 482?
408.0000 R NAC 2E0 CLR (heard local around West Palm Beach. Busy informal talk with some facility ops. Trunked image?)
409.6750 R NAC 361 CLR (Informal base ops in very early morning hours. Opening to Central FL.) Reclamation?

OTHER P25 HEARD BUT TOO WEAK TO GET THE NAC:

162.0625 U NAC ?
162.2250 R NAC ? (Coast Guard?)
163.3125 U NAC ?
163.4625 R NAC ? (Air Force?)
164.1875 U NAC ?
164.2750 U NAC ? (DOE ?)
164.5375 R NAC ?
166.2625 U NAC ?
166.7625 I NAC ?
409.3000 U NAC ? (might be part of a trunked system)

HERE IS A HOT ONE THAT IS ACTIVE IN FT. PIERCE WHEN THE COAST GUARD WAS DOING DRILLS (all 100% ENC so far.) :

163.0500 D NAC 293 ENC (Coast Guard? PL 100.0 also heard at the same time and PL 151.4 heard in the past) Fairly active and local, but not as active as 165.3125, which I did hear "in the clear" Ft. Pierce Coast Guard Base. Just heard it now again! I "think" it is USCG. Can any one confirm?

As you can see, I'm racking them in, but I tend to put the informal stuff on the back shelf and focus on what sounds hot. Help me out, guys!

ecps92

163.3625 VA Tampa

BONUS!

I have yet more P25 mystery freqs. (busy around here with these openings):

163.3625 R NAC 131 CLR (secure facility, maybe hospital, alarm systems on site plus door lockdowns) ?

HERE IS A HOT ONE THAT IS ACTIVE IN FT. PIERCE WHEN THE COAST GUARD WAS DOING DRILLS (all 100% ENC so far.) :

163.0500 D NAC 293 ENC (Coast Guard? PL 100.0 also heard at the same time and PL 151.4 heard in the past) Fairly active and local, but not as active as 165.3125, which I did hear "in the clear" Ft. Pierce Coast Guard Base. Just heard it now again! I "think" it is USCG. Can any one confirm?

As you can see, I'm racking them in, but I tend to put the informal stuff on the back shelf and focus on what sounds hot. Help me out, guys!

ChrisP

Premium Subscriber

163.0500 should be NET 112 in the new CG land-mobile band plan. The whole thing is listed in the Wiki under FEDERAL, US COAST GUARD.

- Chris

SOFA_KING

163.0500 should be NET 112 in the new CG land-mobile band plan. The whole thing is listed in the Wiki under FEDERAL, US COAST GUARD.

- Chris

Very good. Thanks. I was looking in the wrong place. I just found the list. I will be checking those others out.

Thanks, Chris.

signal500

K4DPS
Premium Subscriber
Here are some frequencies that I am not 100% sure about.

167.500R NAC 293 P25 Encrypted NW FL - FBI?
167.5125R NAC 330 P25 Encrypted NW FL - FBI?
172.6875R NAC 293 P25 Clear - Pensacola, FL - VA Security?
171.325R NAC 200 P25 Clear - Mobile, AL to NW FL USCG Law Enforcement? (Golf and Mike unit callsigns)

tommyscan

Premium Subscriber
alot of activity in your florida areas could be related to that missing 5 year old girl? Just a thought!! The band does open up from time to time and its especially good when fed bands open!! Here in new york,its not as lucrative for finding new fed p25 stuff but we can hope it improves as our local pd system is switching to a p25 trunked system in the near future!!

Wilrobnson

Moderately Active Member
406.500 (NAC 293) 100% encryption in the Lakewood, WA area. Not related to Fort Lewis, I think, as they seem to be exclusively on the 380mhz TRS. McChord AFB uses a 400mhz TRS, but a different NAC and little to no encryption.

VA Hospital?

BigC801

- Chris

168.9125 one of the DOJ 25 Citys Ch's is very active here in kansas city all P25 enc 99%

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.