New Haven county federal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I've been receiving data streams on 410.0750mhz at 1224hrs near downtown new haven, CT. Does anyone know what agency and if it's MDT data? It has a digital short burst sound.

Does anyone have a specific federal fire for New Haven, Ct area for a 396XT?

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
I know of no Federal Fire in HVN. I know of NLon in New London, which is on a UHF trunked system and the FD for General Dynamics/EB.

ecps92

You must be right near an Airport.
Generally this is the NWS for WX Telemetry at the Airport.

Gonna guess it is Tweed Regional

I've been receiving data streams on 410.0750mhz at 1224hrs near downtown new haven, CT. Does anyone know what agency and if it's MDT data? It has a digital short burst sound.

Does anyone have a specific federal fire for New Haven, Ct area for a 396XT?

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I'm right up the road. I came home early from work and decided to scan the federal uhf and vhf bands, but got nothing but data from 408-411mhz. I'm about 2 miles from tweed in the Annex

sefrischling

Public Information Officer
You mean HVN ARFF? It is 461.47500, DPL 116. It is not Federal Fire, it is operated by the Tweed-New Haven Airport Authority

ecps92

If you are getting that much data in 408-411 you must be having an RF overload issue.
Generally an Airport will have One or Two telemetry frequencies (NWS and/or FAA)

I'm right up the road. I came home early from work and decided to scan the federal uhf and vhf bands, but got nothing but data from 408-411mhz. I'm about 2 miles from tweed in the Annex

Priority-One

Anonymous participant
Banned
I'm about 3-4 miles from the federal building. I'm not usually home during the day to scan the fed bands, but that's what I got. The 410.0750 seems to be the strongest. I passed the rest off as fed telemetry and MDT data from the downtown area. Occasionally I'll see the FBI or US Marshals downtown, not sure if they are using MDTs in their suburbans?

You must be right near an Airport.
Generally this is the NWS for WX Telemetry at the Airport.

Gonna guess it is Tweed Regional

Hi Bill,

I have heard that telem near airports as well. I assume it is point-to-point, but what would be the purpose and what would be the 2 ends of the link?

NWS office to tower?
Automated observations from somewhere on the airport to tower?
Automated observations from somewhere on the airport to local NWS?

Any ideas?

ecps92

Chris (FEDCOM) might chime in, but my understanding is
Telemetry to the the FAA Tower or Control they provides Wind-Shear and Wx which likely get's sent off to the NWS as well

i.e.
National Weather Service : Observed Weather for past 3 Days : Taunton, Taunton Municipal Airport

Hi Bill,

I have heard that telem near airports as well. I assume it is point-to-point, but what would be the purpose and what would be the 2 ends of the link?

NWS office to tower?
Automated observations from somewhere on the airport to tower?
Automated observations from somewhere on the airport to local NWS?

Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.