Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone monitored any traffic for protection details for 2016 presidential candidates? Have The Donald visiting our city Friday and I was just wondering. Know he has secret service protection now.

Thanks

ecps92

Best to go to the Secret Service Wiki and put them all in.
Keep in-mind that you might also run across the Day-Day activity as well

But for past visits, we here in Boston keep both the Secret Service and the State Dept in active banks

Has anyone monitored any traffic for protection details for 2016 presidential candidates? Have The Donald visiting our city Friday and I was just wondering. Know he has secret service protection now.

Thanks

prcguy

Some candidates may have private security or in Trump's case, some company people following him around. They could be on cell phones or private LMR freqs, etc.

In the early 90s one of the local but very large 2-way radio shops asked if I would donate the use of one of my commercial repeaters to a Presidential candidate they were endorsing while that candidate was campaigning in So Cal. I reluctantly did as they got me quite a few good customers and that candidate and his security and other helpers used my repeater for a couple of days.

That was for Bill Clinton, who much to my dismay won the election and became our 42nd President. Just the thought of that makes me want a cigar..... And I want you to listen to me, I'm going to say this again, I - did - not - have - sexual - relations - with - that - woman - while - on - the - repeater!
prcguy

kma371

QRT

Thanks

Ben Carson and Donald Trump are the only Republican candidates with a Secret Service protection detail so far.

Trump : "Mogul"
Carson : "Eli"

kd7kdc

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Doesn't even look like the secret service is trying to use a disguise name anymore.

kma371

QRT
They aren't meant for disguise. They are public. It's use is for clarity.

AC2OY

Some candidates may have private security or in Trump's case, some company people following him around. They could be on cell phones or private LMR freqs, etc.

In the early 90s one of the local but very large 2-way radio shops asked if I would donate the use of one of my commercial repeaters to a Presidential candidate they were endorsing while that candidate was campaigning in So Cal. I reluctantly did as they got me quite a few good customers and that candidate and his security and other helpers used my repeater for a couple of days.

That was for Bill Clinton, who much to my dismay won the election and became our 42nd President. Just the thought of that makes me want a cigar..... And I want you to listen to me, I'm going to say this again, I - did - not - have - sexual - relations - with - that - woman - while - on - the - repeater!
prcguy

That was great man!!! Made me giggle.😊

RayAir

Last prez through my area that I got to monitor was the "W".

His protection detail was encrypted as well as movements, but their efforts were submarined by the sheriff as they radioed in the clear the location of the motorcade turn-by-turn as it traveled to a local hotel.

Hooligan

At last night's debates in Las Vegas, SS was on Charlie & Oscar channels, with occasional brief use of Baker channel. It was all secure last night, but Diskmonger is correct that for whatever reason, there is still occasional non-secure, operational (as in protective detail, even POTUS) traffic to be heard if your close enough & monitoring the right SS channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.