US Forest Service getting new Codan P25 repeaters

Status
Not open for further replies.

ResQguy

Meh
Premium Subscriber
Makes sense considering that is Daniels' Electronics new name. To buy anyone else would completely mess up the NIFC Cache.

Motoballa

Premium Subscriber
hmm I wonder if they are going to be on mix mode like the parks service use them

I talked with Codan and they told me they only are serving Digital Systems, I asked about Analog, and basically they said "out with the old, and in with the new."

BlueDevil

Feed Provider
What equipment are they replacing and what are they doing with it?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
I talked with Codan and they told me they only are serving Digital Systems, I asked about Analog, and basically they said "out with the old, and in with the new."
I can think of two systems in the province Codan repeaters are designed, that are likely ALL Codan/Daniels repeaters that will lilely never go 'digital' that will still use Codan stations. You can still buy Codan repeaters that operate analogue...

GaryRanson

I can think of two systems in the province Codan repeaters are designed, that are likely ALL Codan/Daniels repeaters that will lilely never go 'digital' that will still use Codan stations. You can still buy Codan repeaters that operate analogue...

This is correct with optional firmware to operate P25.

SkyPager

The Codan repeater is capable of analog or P25 operation. Many of these repeaters are used for support of wild fire operations as portable repeaters or as solar powered fixed locations.

Attachments

• TX-00.jpg
    TX-00.jpg
    63.9 KB · Views: 616
Status
Not open for further replies.