The U. S. government’s airborne surveillance

Status
Not open for further replies.

gewecke

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Good stuff! I'll have to give it a full read when I get a chance. :wink: 73, n9zas

ecps92

fleef

Kristin Cavazos Phoenix Arizona
Premium Subscriber
Exactly

"let the govt do it's job". I feel like an "insider" as my father in law who is/was a minor politician told my husband about this 15 years ago. Actually it was no big secret as the only one's who weren't in on it apparently was the media. Stories like this are hot items, even if they are "old news". People eat up stories anything about spies, spying, or surveillance.

For those not wanting to read the article, if I am not mistaken it is about small planes that double as cell towers so they can surreptitiously listen in on people's phone calls.

ecps92

I would venture that 1% of the flights are using the Sting-Ray, if at all
And a Warrant is required

and for the ones, I have listened to (YES on a Scanner) it has been Surv Ops aka Following the Suspect/Target in conjunction with the ground troops

Paranoia may destroy ya :cool:

For those not wanting to read the article, if I am not mistaken it is about small planes that double as cell towers so they can surreptitiously listen in on people's phone calls.

Last edited:

pinballwiz86

Premium Subscriber
On the first episode of the latest X-Files season, there was a nice little segment about government listening planes.

Status
Not open for further replies.