Buzzing

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunjerry

I have been searching the 162.56 to 175 mhz band for a week
No voice just a buzzing on a freq
I think it's in the 171 range. Does not buzz all the time so I can't get the freq. Is this a control channel? Sounds the same as other CC when you turn off trunks
Thanks jerry

nd5y

If it isn't there all the time it isn't a trunking control channel.
It's probably a conventional P25 repeater.
Posting the frequency and NAC will help identify it.

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
If it's not a constant buzz, maybe you are hearing a vote scan system. Vote scan systems have intermittent transmissions with a buzzing sound.

cajunjerry

I am in a small town in NW Louisiana on the la ar line approximately 30 air miles N of Shreveport. So possible I would hear any federal frequencies

ecps92

Depends, on the target/agency and event. Monitoring the FEDS is not as simple as your Local PD/FD/EMS, activity will vary. Even in the Big Cities and don't rule out Holidays for something going on. :cool:

Do you have a Scanner that handles P25??

I am in a small town in NW Louisiana on the la ar line approximately 30 air miles N of Shreveport. So possible I would hear any federal frequencies

ecps92

Don't skip over the 162.0125 - 162.3875, which is just below the NWS :D
I have been searching the 162.56 to 175 mhz band for a week
No voice just a buzzing on a freq
I think it's in the 171 range. Does not buzz all the time so I can't get the freq. Is this a control channel? Sounds the same as other CC when you turn off trunks
Thanks jerry

spacellamaman

Don't skip over the 162.0125 - 162.3875, which is just below the NWS :D

speaking of which, much ever encountered there? any general assumptions on users? i have logged hits but very few and far between and due to limitations of equipment and custom scanner search quirks, scan that area much less than i would like. i am also waaay to close to a master blaster NWS tower and often don't like going lower than 165mhz due to bleed over. which also makes me suspect of any hits i log with analog search and store.

ecps92

Tones, just a quick look into my log book :wink:
ACoE, BP, BLM, CBP, DoA, DoE, DoL, FBI, FAA, FIO, FLETC, IBWC, NASA, NMF, NPS, USSS, NIFC, TSA, USCP, USCG, USFW, USFS, ICE, USPS, VA and a few mystery agencies
speaking of which, much ever encountered there? any general assumptions on users? i have logged hits but very few and far between and due to limitations of equipment and custom scanner search quirks, scan that area much less than i would like. i am also waaay to close to a master blaster NWS tower and often don't like going lower than 165mhz due to bleed over. which also makes me suspect of any hits i log with analog search and store.

spacellamaman

Tones, just a quick look into my log book :wink:
ACoE, BP, BLM, CBP, DoA, DoE, DoL, FBI, FAA, FIO, FLETC, IBWC, NASA, NMF, NPS, USSS, NIFC, TSA, USCP, USCG, USFW, USFS, ICE, USPS, VA and a few mystery agencies

oh good that narrows it down, i guess i should have expected that. and a few mystery agencies?? well you listed a few to me. already tried and failed on basic googling for NMF and FIO. i can only imagine how riveting the fast paced action is with the IBWC.

ecps92

NMF = National Marine Fisheries
FIO = Federal InterOps
IBWC = International Boundry and Water Commission
Mystery Agencies = Those that we don't know who is using the Freq/PL, Freq/NAC combination in the region/area it was heard

oh good that narrows it down, i guess i should have expected that. and a few mystery agencies?? well you listed a few to me. already tried and failed on basic googling for NMF and FIO. i can only imagine how riveting the fast paced action is with the IBWC.

spacellamaman

much obliged

FIO = Federal InterOps

guess i should have guessed those, still getting the shorthand down pat.

and i did manage to figure out IBWC, hence:

" i can only imagine how riveting the fast paced action is with the IBWC"

I bet that is one of the rarest agencies to ever log hearing:)

Think ill see if i can cobble together my list of under NWS freqs logged, tho i am starting to think i may have imagined it altogether now.

Thanks again

ecps92

that and WPA might be on the Rare List :cool:
FIO = Federal InterOps

guess i should have guessed those, still getting the shorthand down pat.

and i did manage to figure out IBWC, hence:

" i can only imagine how riveting the fast paced action is with the IBWC"

I bet that is one of the rarest agencies to ever log hearing:)

Think ill see if i can cobble together my list of under NWS freqs logged, tho i am starting to think i may have imagined it altogether now.

Thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.