USSS Screening Area Mobile Base at Javits Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaknamedjak

Premium Subscriber
Not sure if this would be of any interest to anyone, but just in-case, here are some quick photos I grabbed at the Javits Center when the USSS was there for Democratic Election Night 2016 event. I'd be interested to hear any info anyone has to contribute about it. This was at their security screening area.

Attachments

• demelectionnight2016-9471.jpg
    demelectionnight2016-9471.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 914
  • demelectionnight2016-9472.jpg
    demelectionnight2016-9472.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 878
  • demelectionnight2016-9473.jpg
    demelectionnight2016-9473.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 922
  • demelectionnight2016-9474.jpg
    demelectionnight2016-9474.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 903
  • demelectionnight2016-9474-2.jpg
    demelectionnight2016-9474-2.jpg
    155.1 KB · Views: 904

yaknamedjak

Premium Subscriber
Haha, I’ll be honest, I was a little nervous both taking the shots, and posting this, I don’t want to cross any lines. If anyone, especially any mods, think it would be wise to take this down, please let me know or feel free to do so. Just thought it was cool to see and was curious about it, having an interest in radios.

spacellamaman

no need for all that man, if they didn't want everyone to see it they woulda tossed a blanket over it. remember its always better to ask for forgiveness than it is to ask for permission. and play dumb, very very dumb. cause if you get caught, well at that point i think it applies, but you didn't, so rock on. i wouldn't have been able to resist either. keep up the good work :)

plus what i find just as interesting is the selection of energy drinks and skull? dip

Last edited:

drdispatch

What's the frequency, Kenneth?
Premium Subscriber
I love the ground plane! Whatever works, I suppose; Improvise, adapt, overcome, and all that....

What's the coiled cord going up to the top of the barrier? I zoomed in but can't really tell what it leads to. I would think speaker/mic, but seems like an odd placement.

gesucks

Premium Subscriber
The USSS is replacing the ASTRO-X with the TXM2000. Moto has not made the ASTRO-X for maybe 10 years, it used an ASTRO Saber. The TXM2000 is based off the APX4500

yaknamedjak

Premium Subscriber
I love the ground plane! Whatever works, I suppose; Improvise, adapt, overcome, and all that....

What's the coiled cord going up to the top of the barrier? I zoomed in but can't really tell what it leads to. I would think speaker/mic, but seems like an odd placement.

Yeah I also thought it was interesting. The coiled cord is indeed coiled up to a speaker mic. There were two suited agents supervising the area from behind the railing, so I would imagine it was placed there for access by them. I suppose they would just listen back in their earpiece, transmitting with the base, since it saves portable power? Not sure, sort of strange.

Status
Not open for further replies.