410.800 NAC201 Raleigh NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Heard encrypted traffic while searching federal 406-416 band in Raleigh NC on 410.800 with a NAC of 201 and TG of 4095.

Looks like it may be Federal Protective Service, but I'd never heard it before. Our Federal Courthouse security is on 170mhz. Anyone have other ideas who it might be?

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Heard encrypted traffic while searching federal 406-416 band in Raleigh NC on 410.800 with a NAC of 201 and TG of 4095.

Looks like it may be Federal Protective Service, but I'd never heard it before. Our Federal Courthouse security is on 170mhz. Anyone have other ideas who it might be?

I will plug it into my APX 8000XE and the SDS100 and see if I can help narrow down who it might be.

Marshall KE4ZNR

trumpetman

Database Admin
It's FPS. You'll hear 50/50 encrypted traffic on field units & dispatch side alike. They have most but not all of their repeaters patched. Charlotte, NC; Charleston, SC; Nashville, TN; Lexington, KY; Columbia, SC are a few I can remember hearing off the top of my head during the day. Like most fed stuff, don't expect it to be exciting listening but at least it's one more thing to add in the scan list for when it does get interesting.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
It's FPS. You'll hear 50/50 encrypted traffic on field units & dispatch side alike. They have most but not all of their repeaters patched. Charlotte, NC; Charleston, SC; Nashville, TN; Lexington, KY; Columbia, SC are a few I can remember hearing off the top of my head during the day. Like most fed stuff, don't expect it to be exciting listening but at least it's one more thing to add in the scan list for when it does get interesting.

From Raleigh NC, I heard confirmation of what @trumpetman said earlier. Heard 410.800 NAC of 201 RID 6840452 (just logged the one RID) with field unit in clear saying he was onsite and giving address to encrypted (base?) unit of the Social Security Admin in Columbia SC. Later heard tones with TGID of 4095 on same frequency. First hit on this frequency I've heard in the clear.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Using TRX Android Suite for the logging of frequencies in Spectrum Sweeper, notice the way the calls were logged on the 410.800 freq, some are P25 while others were ENC.

410.800.jpg

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
The courthouse security and FPS are mutually-exclusive operations. The 170.750, etc are the blue coat US Marshals physically at the courthouse while FPS protects federal owned/leased property.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Over the past two days I've captured several recordings of 50/50 traffic (one side clear, other encrypted), I'm also hearing a strange data burst on talkgroup 4095 with RID 5, while most traffic is on TGID 1 with a seven digit RID. I'd appreciate it if you think you can identify the data burst please give the audio a listen. These are AU files, which have the freq/TGID/RID/date/time on them if you listen using EZ Scan, unsure how you'll see it using other players to listen. Click here for audio files.

While listening to these you'll hear mention of three locations, Columbia, SC, Kentucky, and an unidentified address. None of these are in Raleigh where I am located and heard the traffic. I'd appreciate any feedback you can provide.

ecps92

FPS is dispatched by 4-5 Mega Centers [Regional Dispatch]
MegaCenters
if I recall each can take over for the other, and there is/was a back-up center

So what you are hearing is Dispatch and Units from your entire Region
Over the past two days I've captured several recordings of 50/50 traffic (one side clear, other encrypted), I'm also hearing a strange data burst on talkgroup 4095 with RID 5, while most traffic is on TGID 1 with a seven digit RID. I'd appreciate it if you think you can identify the data burst please give the audio a listen. These are AU files, which have the freq/TGID/RID/date/time on them if you listen using EZ Scan, unsure how you'll see it using other players to listen. Click here for audio files.

While listening to these you'll hear mention of three locations, Columbia, SC, Kentucky, and an unidentified address. None of these are in Raleigh where I am located and heard the traffic. I'd appreciate any feedback you can provide.

ecps92

Are you asking about the "Telephone Busy Signal" ?
Sounds like it could have been configured/generated from the Console

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Are you asking about the "Telephone Busy Signal" ?
Sounds like it could have been configured/generated from the Console

No the "Telephone Busy Signal" is actually generated by the TRX-1 to mask the garbled sound of encryption. It's the almost humming like sound on a few of the recordings, only on TG 4095 RID 5. Check file ending in 165838 at this link

ecps92

aHHH, Not having a TRX that was a new one to me.

doesn't sound any bells, others might know better, but my guess since Voice was right after, it was a weak non-decoded signal

No the "Telephone Busy Signal" is actually generated by the TRX-1 to mask the garbled sound of encryption. It's the almost humming like sound on a few of the recordings, only on TG 4095 RID 5. Check file ending in 165838 at this link

Status
Not open for further replies.