National Guard

Status
Not open for further replies.

n2ndv

You have to be more specific :
- what area/state you want to monitor ?
- what part of the spectrum are you ready to monitor ( VHF / UHF / HF ) ?

This way will be more easy to help you ! :)

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
n2ndv said:
You have to be more specific :
- what area/state you want to monitor ?
- what part of the spectrum are you ready to monitor ( VHF / UHF / HF ) ?

This way will be more easy to help you ! :)

just in general. I can do any band. Looking more for VA and WV.

HM1529

Pennsylvania DB Admin
Database Admin
mike_s104 said:
just in general. I can do any band. Looking more for VA and WV.

I don't think there is an "in general" answer for this.

National Guard units will use both military band and non-military band communications equipment. ARNG units will use Army HF, VHF, and UHF frequencies as well as any state resources they have.

Here in PA, PAARNG units may use VHF low, VHF hi, UHF, or the state's OpenSky system (yes, they are an active user) depending on their available equipment and assigned mission. The ANG in PA uses air band frequencies for their planes, and VHF Hi for their ground comms (at least the unit I've monitored). I'm sure ANG can also be found throughout the radio spectrum. I've seen the inside of the PAARNG's 3rd CST comm van and they can talk on pretty much anything.

mike_s104

Premium Subscriber
OK, if there aren't any "common" freqs for the National Guard throughout the country, how about posting what you have for where you are. maybe we need to have something started for this. I have nothing so I'll leave it to others to start. I just think it would be nice to have a good starting point in case something happens instead of trying to scrape info together at the last min.

thanks for any input. :)

Gilligan

Database Admin
Besides their normal base ops freqs, I would venture a guess to say that most of their training ops would be using newer model encrypted or freq-hopping radios on VHF-low or something. And a lot of their training takes place during the summer. Even if these freqs were in the clear, they may change a lot per activity. But I would search the low band for ops in the government ranges. With low-band skip, you may hear something farther away than you think. As far as UHF military airband, you might try the Maryland forum for their Sticky Thread for MilAir II (and I) that seems to be updated regularly.

SCANdal

Silent Key
Check your local listings...

mike_s104 said:
OK, if there aren't any "common" freqs for the National Guard throughout the country, how about posting what you have for where you are.
s104,

In New Jersey, the National Guard uses the statewide State Police 800 MHz trunked system.

Talkgroups:

NJNG Data 27824
NJNG 1 27856
NJNG 2 27888
NJNG 3 27920
NJNG 4 28688
NJNG 5 28720
NJNG 1F? 28572
Guard EOC Interagency 57936

I wouldn't be surprized if they have access to assorted other talkgroups as well (i.e. the Fleetwides).

Click under "Trunked Radio Systems for State Police" at http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&aid=753 for frequency details.

SCANdal

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.