What are the FED bands?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EFjohnsonVHF

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Can someone please advise me what frequency ranges/bands to search for federal activity.

73's

EFjohnsonVHF

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Thanks. I was just looking for the bands to search cuz I know it's impossible to get all their freq's plus I wanted to see if I could get any that weren't listed, So if you have the general band ranges that they use that would be much appreciated.

73's

Mick

Mostly 162-174 and 406-420 MHz. The link by W5JSS can give you the specific frqs. for federal and military frqs.

EFjohnsonVHF said:
Thanks. I was just looking for the bands to search cuz I know it's impossible to get all their freq's plus I wanted to see if I could get any that weren't listed, So if you have the general band ranges that they use that would be much appreciated.

73's

Stavro35

It should also be noted,federal agents can,and sometimes do,pop up on local police frequencies, and trunked systems.Some larger communities with trunked systems even have talkgroups set aside for use by various,and even specific federal agencies.

During the 2004 G8 Summit, (Saint simons island,Sea island Georgia) several federal agencies would check in with the county dispatch center. And military police had takgroups tied in with the Glynn/Brunswick Georgia and Chathem/Savannah Georgia trunked systems. This allowed the two military command centers and 911 centers to communicate with each other directly.

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
Curious to find out if they pop up on the TOPOFF exercise in Portland next week. Some of the Fed TG's that have been listed in various lists are not active from what I gathered.

ecps92

Fed Bands

Depends on where you live too.

Some Freq's you will find shared across the Northern or Southern Borders.

Other regions you might hear something ONCE a month, on an obscure frequency.

Since your profile says USA, that doesn't help us much to point you in a better direction, other than SEARCH 162 - 174 Mhz at 12.5 Khz, 406-420 Mhz at 12.5 Khz and don't forget the lesser used bands [Near Mil.Bases] of 138-144 Mhz and 148-151 Mhz

EFjohnsonVHF said:
Can someone please advise me what frequency ranges/bands to search for federal activity.

73's

Stavro35

Portland Fed talkgroups

icom1020 said:
Curious to find out if they pop up on the TOPOFF exercise in Portland next week. Some of the Fed TG's that have been listed in various lists are not active from what I gathered.

I've only been to the Portland Oregon area once. I was actually staying in Vancouver Washington. I had the Portland federal government talkgroups in my Pro96. I didn't hear anything. Nor did I hear anything from the other listed federal frequencies for that area.

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
The only one I hear is 157.175 USCG link which is patched through on TG16208

Kaligus

jparks29 said:
500Khz-500Ghz

:D
hmmm, DC - Daylight and beyond if they ever figure out a way to exceed those bounds... they are after all the people who make the rules, then break them with impunity and presidential seal attached :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.