IWN question

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShawnCowden

this system is apco-25 I though nextel was going to give the feds their system after the shut down so do u think this system might change to IDEN later on. What is this IDEN going to be for and I wonder if we will be able to monitor it later on after the cell phone shut down

n4voxgill

Silent Key
Sprint/Nextel is not giving their 800 MHz fequencies to the government after rebanding if that is what you are thinking. Nextel has offered to sell air time on their old system to public safety organizations. Those 800 frequencies that Nextel has are worth billons of dollars. I don't think you will see an iden scanner unless some manufactuer is willing to spend millions defending themsleves in court.

You didn't say what system you are talking about, and that always helps to know.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
This should go in the State forum for where the system is operated. If it's for the system in more than one State then the Federal forum is where it should go. This forum is for technical questions about trunking operation.

Viper43

It's a multi-state system, and eventually all 50 states by 2021 for federal use and will ultimately make it pssoble for any federal agency to communicate to any other federal agency in the country. At the moment most of it is along the Mexican border, Wa & Mi.
Much of it is encrypted as well.
V

Status
Not open for further replies.