help

Status
Not open for further replies.

FCVPI99

i want to start scanning fed freqs
but i cant with my pro 96 due to when i program freqs from the list it changes them

anyone know what type of scanner i should get that i can program any freq in it????

pappy1

frankh said:
What I think is happening is your pro 96 is rounding out the frequencies if you change the step(from default) you should find it will program in properly.
OK, I have a Pro96 and I do not know how to change the step, I am sure there are others not so up on programing that does not know too.

Explaine please.

10-95

pappy1 said:
OK, I have a Pro96 and I do not know how to change the step, I am sure there are others not so up on programing that does not know too.

Explaine please.

Not gonna happen, that's one of the draw backs of the pro96, they can't take the VHF fed stuff, it's gonna keep rounding them off. Get a BCD396T

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
Like 10-95 says, the step sizes cannot be changed on the PRO-96. However, if, for example you try to program 165.9625, the scanner will probably display it as 165.960. That's close enough that the scanner will still receive it with no problems. Many of the newer scanners will display the exact correct frequency, like the BCD396T or the new GRE PSR-500, which will display up to six places to the right of the decimal point!

Status
Not open for further replies.