Ocala auto accident claims 2 lives

Status
Not open for further replies.

khoelldobler

Premium Subscriber
now residing in Ocala, Florida since 1999
I monitored this auto accident using my hand-held Bearcat UBC3300XLT scanner from my home. I personally did not visit the accident scene, even though I live approx 1 1/2 miles from where it took place, but my wife did witness it, as it took place 2 cars behind her car as she picked up my daughter from sports practice at the high school. I noticed 3 to 4 helicopter passes over my Ocala home during this incident. I believe they helicopters were responding to and from Shands. My wife stated to me that there was nothing really left of the Saturn vehicle, as it was hard to tell that it was even a car. It is tragic when anyone dies as a result of an auto accident... drive safely.

OCALA - Two people were killed and four others were transported to area hospitals after a five-vehicle accident Tuesday evening on Maricamp Road near Forest High School.
Florida Highway Patrol Cpl. Mark Weber, left, and Trooper Tony Deweese investigated a double fatality Tuesday evening in the 4700 block of Southeast Maricamp Road in Ocala, near Forest High School.

Marion County Fire Rescue officials at the scene said one male and one female were killed in the crash shortly before 6 p.m.in the 4700 block of Maricamp Road, several hundred yards away from the school.
The four injured in the accident included one man flown to Shands at the University of Florida in serious condition and three others transported to hospitals in stable condition, rescue personnel said. Two others refused medical treatment, officials said.

Authorities said the incident began when a Nissan pickup truck heading east ran into the back of a red Saturn, which then rear-ended a silver Oldsmobile. The pickup spun into a silver Honda, and the Oldsmobile spun into the back of a Dodge pickup. The two people pronounced dead at the scene were in the Saturn.

khoelldobler
Ocala, Florida

Attachments

• ocala car accident.jpg
    ocala car accident.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 16,040
Status
Not open for further replies.