St. Petersburg, 3 officers down, 2 fatal

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDog-911

Lindsay, I listened to that and heard them talking about setting up on the house and things like. Didn't hear anything about the shooting. At what point in the recording did they talk about the shots fired? I might have missed it I guess....

Doug

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I ended up having to terminate this feed - it appeared the broadcaster was broadcasting Pinellas County SO SWAT talkgroups (the Project 25 ones) in addition to almost certainly St Pete tactical talkgroups.

The broadcaster cannot confirm that they are only broadcasting routine law enforcement dispatch channels so I'm terminating the feed in the mean time.

Can someone confirm for me which talkgroups are being used for this operation? Is the SWAT team and tactical units using St Pete's regular dispatch channels or are they using separate tac channels?

Scandxer

"Status: Feed has been temporarly terminated due to a feed provider TOS violation"

Thats dumb.

Oh well.

BigDog-911

I ended up having to terminate this feed - it appeared the broadcaster was broadcasting Pinellas County SO SWAT talkgroups (the Project 25 ones) in addition to almost certainly St Pete tactical talkgroups.

I thought I was hearing a lot of tactical operators talking while in and around the house. Safe decision to make with the current climate down there.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Thats dumb.

Oh well.

How is that dumb?

I need to definitively verify that this broadcaster is not broadcasting the following content which would be in violation of our feed broadcaster terms of service

SWAT "type" operations if on dedicated channels or talkgroups

Narcotics / CID / Investigations or other tactical operations

Every feed broadcaster agrees to these terms of service.

hansenc

Premium Subscriber
That explains why the feed was so interesting to listen to. Sounds like we were hearing a lot more than we should have been.

Safety is first, we wouldn't want this guy inside that house with an iphone hearing everything. While its unlikely you never know.

Scandxer

How is that dumb?

I need to definitively verify that this broadcaster is not broadcasting the following content which would be in violation of our feed broadcaster terms of service

No, you are right, That's the rules! Oh well.

Have any idea when this feed will be back? I would like to listen to the archive on it, can you put it up where I can go into the archives please. I work for a Sheriffs office and would like to have the audio.

Scandxer

That explains why the feed was so interesting to listen to. Sounds like we were hearing a lot more than we should have been.

Safety is first, we wouldn't want this guy inside that house with an iphone hearing everything. While its unlikely you never know.

Good Point... Although the Swat team has Armored Trucks and Snipers (And now some Depts. even have Drones Local Police May Get Aerial Drones ) so listening to their radio communications with an Iphone wouldn't really help a criminal much. Lol..

In my opinion, this awesome website is one "Domestic" Terror attack from being shut down completely by the Government anyway.

American's are Suspect. And listening to the police, with a scanner or online, will eventually be declared illegal. It's only a matter of time.

I'm waiting for the Department Of Homeland Security to announce a major push to mandate Police Encryption and Radio Standards across America.

After all it seems the whole "War on Terror" and the Patriot Act was really meant for the American People. Iraq and Afghanistan are just training grounds.

God, I hope I'm wrong. I love this site!

chessrockwell

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
How is that dumb?

I tried to tell you Pinellas County feed had swat, tac channels, CID and IOB on it. The Sheriffs and Police were not happy about this.

Ensnared

Premium Subscriber
I know we tend to get involved in the monitoring of this far too tragic incident. My thoughts & prayers go out to those who gave their lives. God bless them and their families. Waste the trash who killed them.

Status
Not open for further replies.