Clermont PD now encrypted

Status
Not open for further replies.

SQUAD109

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Add groveland pd to the list as well

LCSO is not confirmed but wouldn't it make sense in the whole scheme of things. You see what way other agencies in the county are moving. I would say it`s a possibility.

SQUAD109

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7E18 Safari/528.16)

Lcso is still the same hopefully it stays that way

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I went to a news media/public information officer meeting a few weeks ago and I brought up the question why more and more agencies are encrypting their dispatch channels.

The response from a PIO who's name shall not me mentioned... "We have to protect ourselves from the terrorists."

I went to a news media/public information officer meeting a few weeks ago and I brought up the question why more and more agencies are encrypting their dispatch channels.

The response from a PIO who's name shall not me mentioned... "We have to protect ourselves from the terrorists."

DHS at its finest!

Thefish561

From what I have been told, after the new reprogramming ALL leo agencies are going to be encrypted but fire is staying open.

SQUAD109

Premium Subscriber

Oh? And who told you this...........

james32746

Premium Subscriber
That seems to be the way when new P25 radio systems are being built in Florida, with LEA encrypted and Fire/EMS not encrypted (except for Marion County so far when it comes to total encryption for Law enforcement or Temple Terrace and Reedy Creek which encrypt everything except public works).

When the radio system was up for bid, one of the specifications was that radios shall be capable of encryption. I think it is probably the cheap ADP encryption than the expensive DES-OFB or AES encryption that is being used on the system (even though you can't tell the difference anyways on a scanner).

Last edited:

trooper890

Lea

Sorry, the computer for the feed was acting up. should be back up and running...

I've also been told the same. LEA will be all secure sometime this fall...

Status
Not open for further replies.