Pinellas "open squelch"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayleesdad

is it possible that all that "open squelch" interference on the pinellas motorola system is from another county using the same frequencies? i've been picking up cc 858.2375 and 857.9375 system 3315 quite a bit this morning.maybe the two systems share many other frequencies and each system is picking up data or something from the other? does osceola have this "open squelch" interference problem?

N4ADE

i dont know but brevard is having this problem they have had to disable 12 channels all around brevard 4 on each sector or control channel.
someones system rebanding messed it up and i can hear what ever system on one of the channels i might try to find out what county or service has done it.
unless someone has information to who just rebanded their system

kayleesdad

Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8900/5.0.0.900 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

I guess it sounds like data transmissions, like holding on a data TGID except the frequency is also being used for voice transmissions.

N4ADE

i think it was just because their was an opening in the vhf/uhf band this morning as it is no longer happening and they have restored all of the channels to the brevard system

KI4VBR

Premium Subscriber
VHF Propagation

i think it was just because their was an opening in the vhf/uhf band this morning as it is no longer happening and they have restored all of the channels to the brevard system

Has anyone had a QSO (or received) on something higher than 2 meters? I was enjoying the openings the past couple of days, but couldnt get past vhf. The duct seemed to run north/south from Pinellas count. I even copied Cost Guard Station Key West at an S8.

Fun stuff......if you are a radio dude.....;)

Vince
73 de KI4VBR sk

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
My friend is having problems with listening to LEO in Pinellas, but not fire.

I've had problems listening to the HillsborougH TRS. Every 10 mins or so a talkgroup will get stuck and break out in squelch. I've heard plenty of complaints from TPD.

Might be related...

infusopharm

Rebanded

Pinellas seems to have started the rebanding process. Within Win500 I changed the trunking tables to 800 MHz "rebanded" and all the Police transmissions are working well.

wanabe

Premium Subscriber
On PCSO talk groups, I too am getting these 2-3 seconds of white noise (or squelch opening) on 862.8375 and 863.5875 for up to 10 seconds. I can turn the squelch back on my BC246 and it goes away ,but on my Mot MTS 2000 I can't seem to stop it. If any one has any idea's ,I would be grateful. TIA, W.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.