Navy Region Southeast (NRSE)

Status
Not open for further replies.

thomast77

I live in Santa Rosa county. Years ago I used to monitor Whiting Field fire on 140.100. I am finally looking to upgrade to a new scanner. Is Whiting field monitorable on the new system Navy Region Southeast (NRSE). Or do they use encryption? I am looking at the Uniden bcd396xt.

I am also interested in the Eglin Air Force Base system but it looks like it is mostly encrypted. Is there anything unencrypted on this system worth monitoring?

Also I know that most of the SLERS system is encrypted, But is there anything unencrypted? Would it be worth adding this system to my scanner?

Thank You in advance for you input
Best Regards
Thomas

wise871

Database Admin
I live in Santa Rosa county. Years ago I used to monitor Whiting Field fire on 140.100. I am finally looking to upgrade to a new scanner. Is Whiting field monitorable on the new system Navy Region Southeast (NRSE). Or do they use encryption? I am looking at the Uniden bcd396xt.

I am also interested in the Eglin Air Force Base system but it looks like it is mostly encrypted. Is there anything unencrypted on this system worth monitoring?

Also I know that most of the SLERS system is encrypted, But is there anything unencrypted? Would it be worth adding this system to my scanner?

Thank You in advance for you input
Best Regards
Thomas

Thomas
Not everything is encrypted on the Navy ELMR and Eglin AFB LMR net. What you see listed on Radio Reference is just a very small fraction of what there truely is. Yes some of the public safety is encrypyed but 50% of the time the transmissions are in the clear.

The 396XT is a great radio for the area and if you need help, I already have a file built for the entire area.
Dan

Michael-SATX

Wise871, Dan, that is a great Shack you have ! Also you should let Thomast77 know if you also
have a nice data file built for your Pro-106/197 as well that way if he chooses to swing by Radio Shack
and take advantage of the $349 sale ! That would be a GREat way to upgrade to a digital scanner ;)
OK, that was a shamless plug I know, again Dan I love that simetrical shack layout, so clean, love it !!!

wise871

Database Admin
Thanks Michael. I was wondering if RS was having another sale. I would pick up another 197 myself but I would have no place to put it, :lol: You can never not have enough digitals. I get my 197 back from RS Repair Center on Tuesday. If it's not operating like I want, I may have to pick up a newer replacement.

thomast77

I have both FreeScan and Win500 files for the area.

I already have freescan installed and I have been playing with it some. I would like to get the freescan file from you if I could? I will pm you my email. I appreciate your offering the data file it will save me alot of time setting this thing up when I get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.