RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog
 

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Florida Radio Discussion Forum

Florida Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Florida.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-14-2011, 6:09 PM
Tracker's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Miami, fl.
Posts: 371
Default Does anyone track the City of Miami PD.....?

I've been trying to get a loaner scanner . (BC895XLT), programmed with Pro Scan, but am having issues with the alpha tag that were uploaded from radio reference showing up on my scanner

Hello from Miami Florida

Does anyone track the City of Miami PD.....?
Do you know if the radio reference data base/frquencies/control channel etc are corrext
I eventually wanna get a BC396XT as I wanna portable scanner, but if I can't get this 1 programmed right....................I wont!
Thanks in advance
Ozzy
__________________
Sometimes there's justice & other times there's just Us!
GRE PSR 800
BC200XLT
BC780XLT

Last edited by Tracker; 12-14-2011 at 6:44 PM..
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-15-2011, 6:40 AM
W8RMH's Avatar
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 3,639
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
I've been trying to get a loaner scanner . (BC895XLT), programmed with Pro Scan, but am having issues with the alpha tag that were uploaded from radio reference showing up on my scanner

Hello from Miami Florida

Does anyone track the City of Miami PD.....?
Do you know if the radio reference data base/frquencies/control channel etc are corrext
I eventually wanna get a BC396XT as I wanna portable scanner, but if I can't get this 1 programmed right....................I wont!
Thanks in advance
Ozzy
The BC895XLT is really old technology, well over ten years. It does not do alpha tagging nor does it support rebanded systems. Don't waste your time with it, get the 396XT.
__________________
BCD996XT BCD396XT BCT15X BCT15 Bearcat IV
Columbus Police Live Audio
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-15-2011, 6:43 AM
ProScan's Avatar
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ontario, Calif.
Posts: 1,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
I've been trying to get a loaner scanner . (BC895XLT), programmed with Pro Scan, but am having issues with the alpha tag that were uploaded from radio reference showing up on my scanner

Hello from Miami Florida

Does anyone track the City of Miami PD.....?
Do you know if the radio reference data base/frquencies/control channel etc are corrext
I eventually wanna get a BC396XT as I wanna portable scanner, but if I can't get this 1 programmed right....................I wont!
Thanks in advance
Ozzy
I've been working with Tracker via email on getting his BC780XLT to receive Miami (City) Public Safety Trunking System, Miami, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

It appears that he can not pick up the control channel frequencies. The signal bars fluctuate and there is no buzzing sound on the CC frequencies. He lives 3 miles from Miami and is using a rubber ducky antenna.

He does have the following CC frequencies programmed in the scanner:
854.9625, 855.2125, 855.4625, & 855.7125.

Are these the correct frequencies?

Tracker, That's a BC780XLT you meant and not the BC895XLT. Correct?
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-15-2011, 11:18 AM
Tracker's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Miami, fl.
Posts: 371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProScan View Post
I've been working with Tracker via email on getting his BC780XLT to receive Miami (City) Public Safety Trunking System, Miami, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

It appears that he can not pick up the control channel frequencies. The signal bars fluctuate and there is no buzzing sound on the CC frequencies. He lives 3 miles from Miami and is using a rubber ducky antenna.

He does have the following CC frequencies programmed in the scanner:
854.9625, 855.2125, 855.4625, & 855.7125.

Are these the correct frequencies?

Tracker, That's a BC780XLT you meant and not the BC895XLT. Correct?
Am sorry, it is a BC780XT
__________________
Sometimes there's justice & other times there's just Us!
GRE PSR 800
BC200XLT
BC780XLT
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-15-2011, 10:42 PM
Tracker's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Miami, fl.
Posts: 371
Default

Spoke to my neighbor today n he said that he remember that there were names of the department that his dad would listen too, but he never followed too closely as it was his pops hobby n he knows nothing about it.
I am still scanning n it stops on frequencies n I hear the transmissions, but if I hit hold it holds the frequency n I can't hear the rest of the conversation, (trunked skip). ...am gettin both fire n police, but have No clue as to which channels they are...............
__________________
Sometimes there's justice & other times there's just Us!
GRE PSR 800
BC200XLT
BC780XLT
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-16-2011, 2:02 AM
tampabaynews's Avatar
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 815
Default

Do you have it programmed as a trunked system or conventional system?

You need to have both frequencies and talkgroups.
__________________
Ryan French, WX4RCF, WQUH710
News videographer | Former police dispatcher | Wireless communications junkie
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-16-2011, 10:11 AM
Tracker's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Miami, fl.
Posts: 371
Default

I used ProScan to program it n downloaded the file from radio reference ... I am new to the hobby n don't now how to program it manually
I gueseed that program n file would set the correct parameters ...
__________________
Sometimes there's justice & other times there's just Us!
GRE PSR 800
BC200XLT
BC780XLT
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12-16-2011, 7:13 PM
ProScan's Avatar
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ontario, Calif.
Posts: 1,216
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
I used ProScan to program it n downloaded the file from radio reference ... I am new to the hobby n don't now how to program it manually
I gueseed that program n file would set the correct parameters ...
The file you sent me looks correct with the frequencies set to trunk, the TGID's are there, and it's set to Moto 800.

I would focus on why you can't pick up the control channel as you can't hear the buzzing sound.

Once you can hear the CC frequency then press the "Trunk" button.
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 12-25-2011, 10:03 PM
Tracker's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Miami, fl.
Posts: 371
Default

PS, on the advice of other members, I've gone ahead n ordered a GRE PSR 800......
I/we believe that it will be allot easier for me to program since its already preloaded with the required info. Ala Home Patrol...
http://forums.radioreference.com/gen...730-there.html

I will soon be returning the loaner scanner to my neighbor n wanted to know how to to about resetting it to it's original/default settings?

PS n all the other members that tried to help me to get this scanner going, I thank you n wish you happy holidays n s healthy n phosphorous new year....2012!
__________________
Sometimes there's justice & other times there's just Us!
GRE PSR 800
BC200XLT
BC780XLT

Last edited by Tracker; 12-25-2011 at 11:37 PM..
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 01-03-2012, 9:01 PM
Tracker's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Miami, fl.
Posts: 371
Default

Well guess what, the new scanner still won't pick up any transmissions from the City of Miami....it picks up Miami Dade county just fine tough
__________________
Sometimes there's justice & other times there's just Us!
GRE PSR 800
BC200XLT
BC780XLT
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Member
   
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 47
Default

With my psr500 was able to pick up city of Miami pd just fine. I imported it from the rr database.
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 01-04-2012, 1:10 PM
Tracker's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Miami, fl.
Posts: 371
Default

I imported it from the software that came with threading, both on the scanner n on my pc
__________________
Sometimes there's justice & other times there's just Us!
GRE PSR 800
BC200XLT
BC780XLT
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2012, 11:58 AM
DavidQT69's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lake Worth, FL
Posts: 130
Lightbulb Re: City of Miami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
Well guess what, the new scanner still won't pick up any transmissions from the City of Miami....it picks up Miami Dade county just fine tough
Where do you live? Do you live in Dade County or close to the City of Miami? I live just over the county line into Broward (Hallandale/Aventura area) and I receive City of Miami pretty good. The City of Miami is on an LTR Trunked system so you have to program the frequencies in a particular channel order or it won't work. If you look on the City of Miami frequency page it will actually tell you where to put each frequency. Hope this helps lemme know if u need anything else...
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2012, 12:10 PM
Tracker's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Miami, fl.
Posts: 371
Default

That was back on Jan.04.I've since resolved it thanks to help from other members
see here:Got my PSR 800 today!
__________________
Sometimes there's justice & other times there's just Us!
GRE PSR 800
BC200XLT
BC780XLT
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2012, 5:26 PM
DavidQT69's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Lake Worth, FL
Posts: 130
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tracker View Post
That was back on Jan.04.I've since resolved it thanks to help from other members
see here:Got my PSR 800 today!
Oooook just tryin to help...
Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2012, 6:00 PM
Member
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 2,495
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidQT69 View Post
Where do you live? Do you live in Dade County or close to the City of Miami? I live just over the county line into Broward (Hallandale/Aventura area) and I receive City of Miami pretty good. The City of Miami is on an LTR Trunked system so you have to program the frequencies in a particular channel order or it won't work. If you look on the City of Miami frequency page it will actually tell you where to put each frequency. Hope this helps lemme know if u need anything else...
For the record, the City of Miami is on a Motorola Standard trunked system, not LTR. The county is on an EDACS system, which requires LCN programming.
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2012, 7:41 PM
Tracker's Avatar
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Miami, fl.
Posts: 371
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidQT69 View Post
Oooook just tryin to help...
I appreciate it....at this point I pretty much have the GRE running how I want it....
__________________
Sometimes there's justice & other times there's just Us!
GRE PSR 800
BC200XLT
BC780XLT
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 04-15-2012, 12:06 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 25
Default

Hey guys,
I'm looking to get my first scanner but i want to be able to monitor Miami FL Police (all dept if possible)

I'm looking at the Uniden Bearcat BCD396XT Scanner and the GRE PSR-500 Scanner. Which do you recommend?

Thanks
R.
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 04-15-2012, 12:20 PM
Member
  Audio Feed Provider
Audio Feed Provider
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: exportdawg
Posts: 246
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickp1 View Post
Hey guys,
I'm looking to get my first scanner but i want to be able to monitor Miami FL Police (all dept if possible)

I'm looking at the Uniden Bearcat BCD396XT Scanner and the GRE PSR-500 Scanner. Which do you recommend?

Thanks
R.
I would choose a PSR 500 or a PSR 800. Just my two cents
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 04-15-2012, 12:58 PM
Member
   
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 25
Default

Sorry is the PSR 500 you mentioned the same as the 500 I posted about? Also I should ahve mentioned I want it handheld?

Can I ask you, why those choices. Dont' know much about them, trying to educate myslef as we speak.

thanks
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 2:35 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
All information here is Copyright 2012 by RadioReference.com LLC and Lindsay C. Blanton III.Ad Management by RedTyger
Copyright 2011 by RadioReference.com LLC Privacy Policy  |  Terms and Conditions