Hillsborough County Sheriff EDACS?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hellzabeth

Premium Subscriber
I used to be able to hear them fine after Bolt21 helped me about a year ago. I put the scanner down for a while, and when I have listened a few different times in the last 6 months or so, I have not heard anything from the S.O., so I figured maybe the control had moved or something (newb) and I'd figure it out some day. Well, that day has come and I went and bought the Radio Shack cord to download frequencies to the scanner with Arc300 software. I'm probably doing something wrong as I'm not hearing anything but Tampa Int'l Airport - as I'm pretty close to it.

My question is basically, can you locals folks hear HCSO and TPD loud and clear through your systems? If so, I probably will have to manually input a few of the talk groups and see if that works.

Thanks.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Rebanding and additional freqs were added years ago. In other words, not an issue since you first programmed your scanner.

Check and make sure NONE of your freqs (85x.xxxx) are locked out. West site channel slots 1 through 20 should be unlocked with no delay set. Also make sure your banks and each individual channel are still set to ED (not LT or MO), and that you haven't locked out your talkgroup IDs.

Last edited:

Hellzabeth

Premium Subscriber
Thanks! I did notice the Arc300 software did have a delay set as a default. That could be it. And I'll check the ATT. I appreciate the help.

Hellzabeth

Premium Subscriber
Still having troubles

I think there must be something in this software that is my problem. I bought a scanner to have fun, not to study up like a brain surgeon. I have spent countless hours re-downloading different configurations through this software, and I still don't have it right. I can hear some chatter on the control channels, but NO talkgroups are working for me.

I have attached a few screen shots of what I'm downloading. HC West system frequencies in bank 0 and the East frequencies in bank 1. They appear to be in LCN order. I even grabbed all the talkgroups that were analog and not digital and I have them listed in numerical order by DEC number. I put them in both the East and West banks...perhaps that is the problem? And then I read up for a few minutes on frequencies and offsets...and with my head still spinning, I changed the bank base freq to the lowest number in the group...maybe that's wrong.

I guess what I'm asking is...I thought the software would download it with little effort from me. Should I just scrap the software completely and manually do it again?

Thanks for any help at all :)

Attachments

• settings1.jpg
    settings1.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 612
  • freq2.jpg
    freq2.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 594
  • tg3.jpg
    tg3.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 665

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

The bank you're showing is set up for the east site. You'll only hear D2 and D4. West site will get you D1 and D3, which is what you want, I think.

Also, delete the 851 freq and the 380 from the trunk setting box. Don't need those for EDACS. You'll also want to check the "closed" box. Open, which is what it's on now, will stop on EVERY TGID that it hears.

Last edited:

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.3; en-us; Sprint APA9292KT Build/GRI40) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

The bank you're showing is set up for the east site. You'll only hear D2 and D4. West site will get you D1 and D3, which is what you want, I think.

Also, delete the 851 freq and the 380 from the trunking info box. Don't need those for EDACS. You'll also want to check the "closed" box. Open, which is what it's on now, will stop on EVERY TGID that it hears.

Hellzabeth

Premium Subscriber
Hell, I'd be happy to hear any talkgroup at this point. I have changed things a bit. East in bank 3 and West in bank 4....starting on 301 and 401...got that. I picked about 20 TGID's for each side and programmed them in...but still I hear nothing. I only hear some chatter every minute or so from the frequency itself when I stop on it. I'm sure it's just some little thing I'm doing wrong that - when corrected - all will work again. Just trying to figure it out.

Hellzabeth

Premium Subscriber
I just did a factory reset to delete it all. I manually entered the West controls with about 10 TGIDs and I still hear nothing. Are there any TGID's that you find are more active than others?

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Can you post a full/unobstructed view of your frequency settings?

Also, just to make sure we're on the same page:
west site freqs = D1, D3 TGIDs
east site freqs = D2, D4 TGIDs

Any of the District Main TGIDs should be very active. They only get quiet during the early AM hours.

Also, you'll want to increase your TGID delay time from 0 to 3 or 4 seconds so you don't miss parts of conversations.

Last edited:

Hellzabeth

Premium Subscriber
Alrighty then

Here we go: Again, the frequencies seem to be fine. I can hear chatter on most of them with the 5 beeps afterward. I did change the delay up to 4. I left the TGID's in closed mode as you suggested. I put about 107 in to the West side and 19 in the East. I don't usually put the disaster and special event ones, but I did today because I read in one of the threads that sometimes there's interesting stuff there. I'd be fine if I kept the West to under 40...
I am to the west of TIA, and I used to be able to pick up Pinellas too...but I see they've changed their system and that is not a priority.
Below are screen shots of the East and West freq downloaded from RR. Below that is the settings screen configuration I currently have. And lastly is a shot of some of the TGIDs I have set on the West side.
Not sure what I'm doing wrong, but I'm now three days and several hours in of trying to get it back to working....

Attachments

• 2eastfreq.jpg
    2eastfreq.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 630
  • 2westfreq.jpg
    2westfreq.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 668
  • 2settings.jpg
    2settings.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 630
  • 2tgids.jpg
    2tgids.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 589

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver

It's almost as if your EDACS bank and channel settings aren't making it to your scanner. Sometimes programs can be buggy. Double check your scanner, not your programming, to make sure banks and channels are indeed set for EDACS.

I still can't see the right side of your freq setting page. Again, make sure NO channels are locked out or attenuated.

Hellzabeth

Premium Subscriber
Thanks Bolt. Not sure what else I can do. I didn't capture the columns for attenuator, delay and lockout because they were empty...but I thought I should at least go into each one and say "off" to make sure they're not defaulting to something else by being left empty. Still the same results. I did try it manually last night and I still have the old PMs from you, but that didn't work this time. I still think I must be missing something. Like I said, I can hear the frequencies, and I CAN see the TGIDs are in the scanner, so they are getting through... I don't want to have to buy a better one, especially since I don't comprehend this one yet.

ke4crc

Premium Subscriber
signI have Hillsborough county east / west set up in Free scan & BC tool if it would help not sure what soft ware your scanner will except .
73"s

My question is basically, can you locals folks hear HCSO and TPD loud and clear through your systems? If so, I probably will have to manually input a few of the talk groups and see if that works.

Thanks.

Last edited:

webley445

You're trying to set up a Pro 164?

I just programmed one for a friend but I used PRSEdit software.

I notice "search" in the Dl/DPL column from the screen shots. Is there a way to leave that blank?
On my software when you set the mode to EDACS it leaves that setting blank.

Its gotta be something simple thats being overlooked, some little tweak thats not set right.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver

I was wondering about that search setting, but didn't think it would be a problem, since it was already set for EDACS. Maybe that's it?

Hellzabeth

Premium Subscriber
Wow guys...that was a default setting...didn't even question it because I thought it made sense. I'll try without it and see. I agree there must be just a silly thing being overlooked. I used to do website design by hand when I first started fiddling with that (now I let programs do most of the work), and just one misplaced item in your lengthy code would make you have to rework something for hours, so I know that pain. If I can't get it, I may look into the software you mentioned.

And just one more thing...I want to make sure I'm setting the bank to no delay, but the TGIDs to 4 secs? Or should both be on that delay?

Thanks again.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver

Channels (freqs) have NO delay. TGIDs have delay.

Hellzabeth

Premium Subscriber
Ugh, nothing is working. I factory reset it again and made sure my 1.07 firmware was upgraded to 1.08. I can hear the darn freq and I'm manually entering the TGIDs now, but still nothing!!! Over 9 hours of my life trying to get this to work again. I may call around to local RS's and see if I can slip someone a $20 on their smoke break to take a look at the thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.