Walton County FL, Fire Tac-2 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wise871

Database Admin
Can anyone in or near Walton County Florida shed some light on the Fire Dispatch setup. From what I can tell, North Walton Fire is primarily dispatched on 154.085. When the call goes out, it is also broadcasted on Liberty Fire 154.190 and sometimes on Freeport Fire 460.625. I mainly hear med calls on 154.085/154.190 but when the med unit replies I only hear them on 154.190. I also noticed that once a med unit is dispatched, they are told to switch over to Tac-2. Is Tac-2 SLERS or possibly 154.190?

I know it's confusing but for the longest I haven't been able to figure out there system. Seems like it's all patched together somehow.

ki4wbn

The audio from dispatch is going out over multiple VHF channels, but sometimes you'll hear a med unit or other unit key up on VHF conventional to reply and say they are responding. No audio from SLERS is patched or simulcast onto their VHF setup (so if you hear a unit on VHF, he's actually on VHF).

This all depends on where the call is though. Their Zetron consoles are set up to tone out on certain repeaters for certain districts. If the tone out covers more than one repeater, it automatically tones out in a simulcast over both.

The Freeport Fire UHF should not be patched anymore as of the past month or so....the FCC found out they were operating on that frequency and were no longer licensed for that frequency a few months ago....

Tac-2 is on SLERS.

wise871

Database Admin
I should have figured you would known the answer. Thanks for the update. You saved me time looking for Tac-2 now. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.