Orange County analog trunked system

Status
Not open for further replies.

TEH

Radio friends,

Around 7pm, we noticed the lack of a control channel on the Orange Co. Motorola 800 MHz analog trunk system.

Does anyone know if this system has been permanently switched off, or if this is only a temporary situation?

We have been told repeatedly by reliable sources that the analog system would be deactivated when the analog radio users got digital radios and talkgroups on the digital system.

home121

anlo/dig

So do we need to change from anolog to digital ? or are thay gone encrypted ? And if not encrypted did they change frequencys ? In other words how do we copy them.Thanks

n2hbx

Premium Subscriber
Nothing else has changed from when Public Safety transitioned to P25. All control channels are the same. All talkgroup IDs are the same. It's just all P25 now instead of a mixture of analog and P25.

All PDs on the system are encrypted...everything else is in the clear.

Larry

mullucan

I* am wondering why I am not picking up all my channels I use to have.I replaced my broken anntenni with a cheaper tuf duck instead of watson WSMA 889. downloaded all channels again from radio reference.scanner goes thru 100s of channels before it stops on one thats not there or fm music station I am thinking I need some upgrade,but thought radio refrence would be the up grade or am I wrong please help if you can

dgoodson

Feed Provider
Mullucan- you may need to reprogram for a system type of P25 instead of "smartzone" etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.