Tampa Fire Rescue on 463.15? Tone 127.3 Haven't heard them in a while

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampatracker

Hello everybody. Just wondering if anybody knows what happened to the Tampa Fire Rescue EMS to Hospital Channel on UHF 463.150 with a tone of 127.3? Maybe it's just me but I haven't heard them on the radio in quite some time maybe I'm just missing them or have they migrated into the edacs system?

Last edited:

FLA2760

I am pretty sure they are on the EDACS system. Did you try monitoring in the FM mode no squelch tone ?
The ems in Hernando county rarely uses the conventional frequencies.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Hillsborough County Fire Rescue uses that talk group Tampa uses the UHF

I've heard Tampa rescue units on that talkgroup on numerous occasions. I don't listen to it that much anymore so I suppose something could have changed.

I'm fairly certain the talkgroup programmed into their radios so I don't understand why they wouldn't use it. Eliminates the need to have a completely separate radio since the Harris 800mhz radios cannot function on 400mhz.

tampatracker

Tampa FR on 463.150 CTCSS 127.3 ALS/HOSP?

I put this out there some time ago, but the issue has reappeared. Tampa FR would give patient reports on 463.150 with a CTCSS of 127.3, but after extensive monitoring with tone set to search and 24/7 recording seems to have disappeared again. It had been suggested then that they had moved to the H.C. EDACKS system, but if they are there I can't find them using the same method (search mode) as above. I wonder if anyone knows the answer on this one, because I'm stumped. Thanks in advance, TT.

tampatracker

If they're on EDACS, they should be on TGID 641 ALL HOSP.

When I replied to you suggestion the DEC confused me for a couple of minutes, but 05-001 has been on my list for the extensive monitoring/recording I've been doing. Thanks for the input though.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
Sorry, should've put both formats.

Make sure you try MED-6 and MED-8 also:
463.125 127.3 Hillsborough MED-6
463.150 127.3 Hillsborough MED-7
463.175 167.9 Hillsborough MED-8

I'm pretty sure the UHF MEDs are being slowly phased out, however.

tampatracker

I'm pretty sure the UHF MEDs are being slowly phased out, however.

Yes, no doubt on that. My thinking at this point is that they're hidden in the HC system, so I'll just put my 396XT on AFS mode for 04- and see what happens with all the known TG's locked out, and the others on discovery mode and see what happens.

usafk9dan

When I went through Paramedic school I did my clinicals with Tampa Fire. We called all of our patient reports in over the phone.

tampatracker

When I went through Paramedic school I did my clinicals with Tampa Fire. We called all of our patient reports in over the phone.

Thanks for that, did you do them in say in the past one to two years? That would coincide with the timeline of those comm's disappearing.

TampaTyron

Beep Boop, Beep Boop
Premium Subscriber
Each hospital should have access to Hills Co Med 8, Med 7, and a hospital specific Med channel. Checkout the State of Florida EMS Comm Plan for more info. It is confusing to read through all of the info, but by law, all hospitals are required to have Med 8, a county Med channel (Med 7 for Hills Co), and most have a specific repeater pair for their facility. In Hillsborough, all HCFR vehicles have EDACS radios and use ALS to Hosp talkgroup. As TFR phases in EDACS radios, more units will be popping up on that talkgroup. It gets busy sometimes, so I would guess operations to be split geographically into a East/West or North/South County setup in the medium future. TT

tampatracker

Each hospital should have access to Hills Co Med 8, Med 7, and a hospital specific Med channel. Checkout the State of Florida EMS Comm Plan for more info. It is confusing to read through all of the info, but by law, all hospitals are required to have Med 8, a county Med channel (Med 7 for Hills Co), and most have a specific repeater pair for their facility. In Hillsborough, all HCFR vehicles have EDACS radios and use ALS to Hosp talkgroup. As TFR phases in EDACS radios, more units will be popping up on that talkgroup. It gets busy sometimes, so I would guess operations to be split geographically into a East/West or North/South County setup in the medium future. TT

Thanks buddy, that helps figure out whats going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.