RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Florida Radio Discussion Forum

Florida Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Florida.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-09-2014, 5:46 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Hillsbvorough Co. P 25 system showing signs of life.

Last week I picked up talk group 1032 which after monitoring am 99% sure is Temple Terrace PD Dispatch. I submitted this to the database and continue to listen for more.Just a heads up for those of you are interested out there. Regards, TT.
Old 05-09-2014, 6:09 PM

Default hills p25

do you think they will go total black out when up a full time operation i hope not i recieve them full metal jacket in west central pasco with 996t. of course with an outside ant set up new pinellas system comes in full jacket also what is not encripted why would any gov encript a county bus service they provide the best traffic reports around pasco
Old 05-09-2014, 7:11 PM

Grammar, my friend, grammar.
Old 05-09-2014, 8:21 PM

thanks for the heads up on 1032. have to work on reception on the hills p25 site from over here in pinellas. the pinellas p25 site 12 is running without coms this evening, looks like site 12 was deleted from the pinellas p25 rr data base.
Old 05-09-2014, 9:30 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

TTFD is on there as well, using the same talkgroup ID as on the EDACS system (in decimal).
Sponsored links
Old 05-09-2014, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kayleesdad View Post
thanks for the heads up on 1032. have to work on reception on the hills p25 site from over here in pinellas. the pinellas p25 site 12 is running without coms this evening, looks like site 12 was deleted from the pinellas p25 rr data base.
Site 12 was removed when it was no longer in service. No Voice TG were on site 12, which was a 700mhz zone. The 700mhz is only for HPD for Pinellas (as per a Moto installer working on the system) . BTW this should have its on Forum now in Hillsborough LOL
Old 05-09-2014, 10:05 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homeboys-Scanna View Post
Grammar, my friend, grammar.
I concur, concur, concur.
Old 05-10-2014, 7:31 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

TTPD sounded great but TTFD & Radio Techs sounded garbled when the technicians were working on the radios and system also the signal from my local tower for them was all over the place.

Old 05-13-2014, 7:22 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Also, TTPD is still using the HC EDAC's system as well for the time being while I guess the radio technicians getting the P25 up and running.

Sponsored links
Old 05-27-2014, 1:58 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Found TG ID 715, however after listening for awhile I was still unable to id the agency but it is definitely law enforcement Just a heads up, TT
Old 06-28-2014, 5:12 PM

Question

Anybody know the time frame for all of Hillsborough Co to go P-25. If they are going to set up more towers so Temple Terrace PD has a wider coverage area. Any info would be helpful. I live in Brandon I can't receive the P-25 system at my location but can receive the east and west EDACS system here in Brandon. Is the P-25 system planned to go encrypted or not? Thanks
Old 06-28-2014, 7:52 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2301 View Post
Anybody know the time frame for all of Hillsborough Co to go P-25. If they are going to set up more towers so Temple Terrace PD has a wider coverage area. Any info would be helpful. I live in Brandon I can't receive the P-25 system at my location but can receive the east and west EDACS system here in Brandon. Is the P-25 system planned to go encrypted or not? Thanks
I live in Valrico and I use a Comet DS-150 discone antenna in the attic and can pick up Temple Terrace with no problems what's so ever I recommend if not already check in to a discone antenna for your scanner so you can be able to pick up TT police/ems/fire and etc.

Keep in mind Analog FM you will always will be able to pick up the Analog FM/NFM signal coming from a repeater system. When it comes to digital it always searches for a digital signal. You'll have to be close or have a great antenna that is high enough to have a chance to pick up a digital system.

- Jamie