RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Florida Radio Discussion Forum

Florida Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Florida.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-02-2014, 1:19 PM
FL, GA, AL, MS Admin
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Default Okaloosa Fire South on Tac-1

Anyone else notice that Okaloosa South Fire has been operating dispatch & two-way traffic on Fire Tac-1(South) 154.860. Are they having SLER issues again. Seems like this has been the norm lately.
Sponsored links
Old 08-05-2014, 3:06 AM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

I tried to monitor the Florida 800 mhz SLERS Provoice from my location tonight. I was getting a good strong signal on 800mhz it was encrypted. The weaker 800 MHz signals I picked up on Provoice were not encrypted. Not sure where they were. They were to weak to figure out a location. I will have to try it again another night.

Last edited by BamaScan; 08-05-2014 at 3:07 AM.. Reason: spelling corrections
Old 08-05-2014, 5:28 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Sure have been hearing them here at the house and in the truck Dan. Good strong signals. My contact at the SO retired.
Vx-150, KG-UV2D dual band HT, Baofeng 5RA.
Old 08-26-2014, 4:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BamaScan View Post
I tried to monitor the Florida 800 mhz SLERS Provoice from my location tonight. I was getting a good strong signal on 800mhz it was encrypted. The weaker 800 MHz signals I picked up on Provoice were not encrypted. Not sure where they were. They were to weak to figure out a location. I will have to try it again another night.

I see you said you tried to monitor the 800Mhz system. What are you using to pick up the provoice system? I am kinda interested in trying that since I live in the south end of the county where I might beable to pick it up pretty good.
Old 08-30-2014, 10:58 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Quote:
Originally Posted by codblackops2 View Post
I see you said you tried to monitor the 800Mhz system. What are you using to pick up the provoice system? I am kinda interested in trying that since I live in the south end of the county where I might beable to pick it up pretty good.
Here you go. Not real easy to set up, but it works.
http://wiki.radioreference.com/index...ftware_package)
Old 08-30-2014, 11:00 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Sorry bad link. It is called DSD, search for it here on Radio Reference. You will find out how to set it up,
Old 09-15-2014, 7:32 PM

Default OCFR Tac-1 Repeater back up

Sounds like the south repeater is back up. Been sitting here listening to FWB 7 and also Destin fire has been doing radio checks on it tonight. Sounded like FWB 7 said SLERS is not working. Guess they decided they do need this repeater since SLERS is having some issues again the way its sounding
Old 09-15-2014, 7:34 PM

It is confirmed that SLERS is down currently. Dispatch just told units to use VHF for time being.