Lee County FL Public Safety

Status
Not open for further replies.

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
As of Sunday still up and running but moving more talk groups to P25 system. Most FD talk groups are on both sites.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
Lee County

As of Sunday still up and running but moving more talk groups to P25 system. Most FD talk groups are on both sites.

I'll be going back down in January. Can you tell me any of the latest changes in talkgroups? I keep a database of all the frequencies, talkgroups, systems, etc.

davo51

Premium Subscriber
I will be down there end of this week and will post if I see anything different than what I have programmed in my radio or anything different from the database,

6Paul21

Premium Subscriber
P25 needs a lot of up dating and I am too far away to help. There is a lot more on this system then what is in the data base.

davo51

Premium Subscriber
I will be down there end of this week and will post if I see anything different than what I have programmed in my radio or anything different from the database,

I use APX 7000s to passively scan systems, I loaded the Sheriff's channels along with fire and EMS channels on the P25 system using the analog talkgroup IDs, I heard Sheriff North dispatch, North tac, North Fire and EMS-1 and EMS-2, also heard Sheriff East channels on the P25 system. I did not hear Sheriff west, south, central, or alternate, meaning these areas are not using P25 or the talkgroups IDs are different from what is listed in the analog system. I was not affiliating or interfering with any systems with the way I have my radios set up to scan. Hope this helps

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
P25

I use APX 7000s to passively scan systems, I loaded the Sheriff's channels along with fire and EMS channels on the P25 system using the analog talkgroup IDs, I heard Sheriff North dispatch, North tac, North Fire and EMS-1 and EMS-2, also heard Sheriff East channels on the P25 system. I did not hear Sheriff west, south, central, or alternate, meaning these areas are not using P25 or the talkgroups IDs are different from what is listed in the analog system. I was not affiliating or interfering with any systems with the way I have my radios set up to scan. Hope this helps

I could use a little clarification on talkgroups. For some of these, I'm showing different talkgroups for the same agencies on the analog and P25 systems:
- for Sheriff North, is it 2861 or 45776?
- for North TAC, is it 46160?
- for North Fire, is it 543 or 8688?
- for EMS-1, is it 571 or 9136?
- for EMS-2, is it 541 or 8656?
- for Sheriff East, is it 2863 or 45808?

If you have the time, I'd like to send you my Excel database for you to look over and see if you have any updates. I only get down there 2 or 3 times a year, so it's a little hard to keep things current. Let me know if you could do this.

davo51

Premium Subscriber
I could use a little clarification on talkgroups. For some of these, I'm showing different talkgroups for the same agencies on the analog and P25 systems:
- for Sheriff North, is it 2861 or 45776?
- for North TAC, is it 46160?
- for North Fire, is it 543 or 8688?
- for EMS-1, is it 571 or 9136?
- for EMS-2, is it 541 or 8656?
- for Sheriff East, is it 2863 or 45808?

If you have the time, I'd like to send you my Excel database for you to look over and see if you have any updates. I only get down there 2 or 3 times a year, so it's a little hard to keep things current. Let me know if you could do this.

I use HEX entries, so here is the Hex and Decimal values I am using:

Decimal HEX

North Dispatch 2861 b2d
North TAC 2885 b45
North Fire 543 21f
EMS-1 487 1e7
EMS-2 3469 d8d
East Dispatch 2863 b2f
East TAC 46192 b47

I entered all the channels shown as control channels for P25

Hope this helps

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
I use HEX entries, so here is the Hex and Decimal values I am using:

Decimal HEX

North Dispatch 2861 b2d
North TAC 2885 b45
North Fire 543 21f
EMS-1 487 1e7
EMS-2 3469 d8d
East Dispatch 2863 b2f
East TAC 46192 b47

I entered all the channels shown as control channels for P25

Hope this helps

I have a couple more questions on P25.
- for EMS-1 TG487, I have it listed as Fire/EMS TAC 1 Alert. Do you know if it's both EMS and Fire?
Also, I show it as possibly Inactive - do you know if it's still used?

- for EMS-2 TG3469, I show it as Fire Alert. Do you know if it's both Fire and EMS?

I've attached a PDF of my P25 database for you to review, if you wouldn't mind. Thanks.

Attachments

• 1Lee County Talkgroups (P25) (12-29-14).pdf
    13.8 KB · Views: 145

davo51

Premium Subscriber
I have a couple more questions on P25.
- for EMS-1 TG487, I have it listed as Fire/EMS TAC 1 Alert. Do you know if it's both EMS and Fire?
Also, I show it as possibly Inactive - do you know if it's still used?

- for EMS-2 TG3469, I show it as Fire Alert. Do you know if it's both Fire and EMS?

I've attached a PDF of my P25 database for you to review, if you wouldn't mind. Thanks.

I am not sure what the Fire and EMS channels I have listed cover, I have not heard anything on EMS-1, only EMS-2, what I have as Fire North does tone out EMS, also, I have not tried any of the other fire channels, but will try later today.

davo51

Premium Subscriber
Did you have a chance to do any more listening?

Not very much, you are right, what I had listed as Fire North is a channel for fire and EMS dispatch, not sure what TG is only for Fire North. Sorry I am not more help, I am back north now and not in Lee County, will be back down there in a few weeks, will try some more.

davo51

Premium Subscriber
I'll be going back down in January. Can you tell me any of the latest changes in talkgroups? I keep a database of all the frequencies, talkgroups, systems, etc.

Please list anything you discover when you are down there, I'll be back down to Lee County in a few weeks and will do more listening, but I will be interested in what you find.
Thanks,

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
I will be down there in a couple weeks, and will report back on anything I find.

scnrfrq

Premium Subscriber
I was there for 10 days. Nothing new to report. Everything seemed the same as in my database. I will be back in May, and do more listening.

Status
Not open for further replies.