HCSO - P25

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Any talks as of yet when it's going to be active and who's going to use it more? Temple Terrace was active on it before they switched back to the EDAC's system.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
I notice that they now have an East and West system for the P25 system.

Yes sir, East System was used for Temple Terrance for a few days then Temple Terrace went back to EDAC's analog.

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
For a couple nights HCSO's dispatch talkgroups were simulcasting on the P25 system with the same TGID's as EDACS.

On the west system there are two control channels, one with SID of 1 and another with SID of 5. I haven't been able to get the east system so I can't tell if there's been any activity.

I can tell HCSO dispatchers have different console equipment based on the voice compression on their EDACS transmissions.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
Thanks Ryan for the information. For some unknown reason I can always pick up West Simulcast in signal wise from the tower a lot better than the East Simulcast system for some unknown reason. When did you hear traffic on the P25 system?

For a couple nights HCSO's dispatch talkgroups were simulcasting on the P25 system with the same TGID's as EDACS.

On the west system there are two control channels, one with SID of 1 and another with SID of 5. I haven't been able to get the east system so I can't tell if there's been any activity.

I can tell HCSO dispatchers have different console equipment based on the voice compression on their EDACS transmissions.

Last edited:

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
Thanks Ryan for the information. For some unknown reason I can always pick up West Simulcast in signal wise from the tower a lot better than the East Simulcast system for some unknown reason. When did you hear traffic on the P25 system?

HCSO was simulcasting a couple weeks ago for a only a couple days.

N1XDS

ÆS Ø
HCSO was simulcasting a couple weeks ago for a only a couple days.

I was out of town unfortunately maybe soon they'll go back to P25 soon. Have you heard anything as of yet when the rest of the talkgroups that is still on Analog will make the switch to Digital? I just don't see why the don't make the switch now unless their waiting for radios or etc.

wanabe

Premium Subscriber
I heard Temple Terrace PD on P25 this past Sunday around 5pm.

Andrew

It could be years...

... Have you heard anything as of yet when the rest of the talkgroups that is still on Analog will make the switch to Digital? I just don't see why the don't make the switch now unless their waiting for radios or etc.

Keep in mind it could be years for the system switch from EDACS to P25. Look at Pinellas county for example; it was almost 10 years from the time the initial testing on their P25 system started before a the mass change over took place, and I don't think it's completed even now.

Status
Not open for further replies.