Pasco Co. EDACKS system MIA?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tampatracker

Yesterday I noticed Pasco Co. seemed to be off the air, or at least I wasn't receiving them as usual. I deleted then reinstalled the entire system with sentinel home partrol, 436 sentinel, and the whistler 1080 stock software in all three radios respectively with no change. I was up in the northern Hillsborough Co. area today with no luck, and the thing is I was pulling them in just fine from where I live in south Tampa two days ago. Is anybody else noticing this, or is it a glitch on my end?
Thanks in advance, TT.

FLA2760

Tampa Tracker there was some kind of glitch as I was only hearing them on 851.81250 PL 123 and same frequency PL 110.9. I have those frequencies programed into the same bank as the Pasco TRS The Pasco County dispatcher was loud and clear but the units did not hear /respond on their TRS. .
Oddly enough around the same time I could only hear Hernando County on the 800mhz Interoperability frequencies, aka 8Call /Tac frequencies. Strange.

tampatracker

Yes Steve, that is odd. I take it that this happened fairly recently? I can't pick up those interop simplex channels from Pasco/Hernando due to the range, but will listen for them just in case. Also I have an update on my reception of the Pasco edacks system. It used to come in clearly and intelligibly, but now the the signal seems to have dropped in strength as it is broken and scratchy. Perhaps there is tower maintenance or a location has changed?

FLA2760

I often hear traffic on the 8 Tac interoperability frequencies but is usually other agencies operating here. About a month ago around 2am I heard what I thought was the Hernando county SO in some type of surveillance operation on the 8 Tac channels but they were referencing maps alot over the air so I suspected they were not local. A few minutes after that one of the units said we should notify Hernando we are in their jurisdiction. I never figured out who they were. It made for some interesting listening for over an hour. Concerning the Pasco TRS I actually hear them better than I ever have the last few months. The Pasco TRS audio level is booming now for me. The problems you cite re Pasco TRS used to be what I experienced all the time. I monitor with my Pro 197 and a Watson W-881 Super Gainer antenna.

FLA2760

I also found a couple of new TGs on the Hernando TRS but I didn't submit them as I'm not sure who is using them. I think it is either the Hernando county bus or some type of shuttle service. They are 5888 and 5904 I believe the 5904 TG is their "channel two" I heard whoever it is reference channel two over the air. I still can't find the Hernando road department TGs after trying for a long time.

tampatracker

I often hear traffic on the 8 Tac interoperability frequencies but is usually other agencies operating here. About a month ago around 2am I heard what I thought was the Hernando county SO in some type of surveillance operation on the 8 Tac channels but they were referencing maps alot over the air so I suspected they were not local. A few minutes after that one of the units said we should notify Hernando we are in their jurisdiction. I never figured out who they were. It made for some interesting listening for over an hour. Concerning the Pasco TRS I actually hear them better than I ever have the last few months. The Pasco TRS audio level is booming now for me. The problems you cite re Pasco TRS used to be what I experienced all the time. I monitor with my Pro 197 and a Watson W-881 Super Gainer antenna.

Thanks for your info about your past experiences with the Pasco TRS, I am thinking that what is happening here is weather related, as the antennas I use and their placement are not the problem. Yes, the traffic you heard on the Tac interop definitely sounds like an "outside agency", really interesting I'm going to start paying more attention to those frequencies and see what happens. I say weather related but there is really no rhyme or reason as it can be sunny or raining when my reception starts deteriorating. I have just started experimenting with the system load / reception status on the HP 2 to see what it says about Pasco, so I guess more will be revealed.

FLA2760

I have the Tac Interoperability frequencies with an alert tone programed into all of the scan lists on my Pro 197. I recently added 123.450 AM to some of the scan lists it is the unofficial air to air frequency and I have heard some pretty good traffic. Let me know how you like the HP 2 I'm considering it or the BCD996P2. I don't need it now but the price is good especially on the BCD996P2.

Last edited:

mitbr

I have the Tac Interoperability frequencies with an alert tone programed into all of the scan lists on my Pro 197. I recently added 123.450 AM to some of the scan lists it is the unofficial air to air frequency and I have heard some pretty good traffic. Let me know how you like the HP 2 I'm considering it or the BCD996P2. I don't need it now but the price is good especially on the BCD996P2.

Tac 8 interop huh don't have those talkgroups where are they?
Tim in PInellas county.

FLA2760

They are nationwide standard 800mhz frequencies.

Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
851.01250 RM 8CALL90/90D Public Safety Calling 90 FM Interop
851.51250 RM 8TAC91/91D Public Safety Tactical 91 FM Interop
852.01250 RM 8TAC92/92D Public Safety Tactical 92 FM Interop
852.51250 RM 8TAC93/93D Public Safety Tactical 93 FM Interop
853.01250 RM 8TAC94/94D Public Safety Tactical 94 FM Interop

I have heard Bayflight pretty regularly contacting various hospitals on 155.340 FMN aka V Med 28. Bayflight uses V Med 28 as well as the dedicated TGIDs on whatever TRS they are using. I think they use the VHF frequency when the TRS is not getting through.

Last edited:

mitbr

They are nationwide standard 800mhz frequencies.

Frequency License Type Tone Alpha Tag Description Mode Tag
851.01250 RM 8CALL90/90D Public Safety Calling 90 FM Interop
851.51250 RM 8TAC91/91D Public Safety Tactical 91 FM Interop
852.01250 RM 8TAC92/92D Public Safety Tactical 92 FM Interop
852.51250 RM 8TAC93/93D Public Safety Tactical 93 FM Interop
853.01250 RM 8TAC94/94D Public Safety Tactical 94 FM Interop

I have heard Bayflight pretty regularly contacting various hospitals on 155.340 FMN aka V Med 28. Bayflight uses V Med 28 as well as the dedicated TGIDs on whatever TRS they are using. I think they use the VHF frequency when the TRS is not getting through.

So are these talkgroups digital analogue are simplex or repeater??
Tim

FLA2760

They are not talk groups, program them in as conventional frequencies (objects) in FM mode, voice is analog. I assume that they are used in simplex mainly that being said when Hernando was having problems with their trunking radio system a couple of months ago they were using them for all radio traffic so the repeaters must have been utilized.

mitbr

They are not talk groups, program them in as conventional frequencies (objects) in FM mode, voice is analog. I assume that they are used in simplex mainly that being said when Hernando was having problems with their trunking radio system a couple of months ago they were using them for all radio traffic so the repeaters must have been utilized.

Thanks Steve I have them programmed into all my scanners now. Seems to me I remember Pinellas County Fire doing their Sunday evening tac call out on these freqs as well.
I appreciate the info.
Tim

tampatracker

I originally bought the HP 1 from scanner master when they lowered the price recently. I couldn't pick up the Pinellas TRS as the decoding was so bad. I played with the various updates to the firmware Uniden came up with and had no luck. So I returned it for a HP 2 for a bit more money, and it's a night and day difference. Pinellas P25 come in booming with a B filter setting and 8 manual for the mode. I've picked up Sarasota's P25 TRS along with Charlotte's analogue TRS, and can get you guys up in Hernando. In other words it's awesome.

FLA2760

I originally bought the HP 1 from scanner master when they lowered the price recently. I couldn't pick up the Pinellas TRS as the decoding was so bad. I played with the various updates to the firmware Uniden came up with and had no luck. So I returned it for a HP 2 for a bit more money, and it's a night and day difference. Pinellas P25 come in booming with a B filter setting and 8 manual for the mode. I've picked up Sarasota's P25 TRS along with Charlotte's analogue TRS, and can get you guys up in Hernando. In other words it's awesome.

That's good, are you using it as a base or mobile unit? Are you getting those results with the stock antenna?

tampatracker

That's good, are you using it as a base or mobile unit? Are you getting those results with the stock antenna?

Both base and mobile, and at home I am using this Laird B8065 Antenna, 806-866 MHz, 5db Gain mounted on a flat metal surface with a trunk lip mount three stories up, which is where I pull in the further counties from. As a mobile antenna I use 806-960, Low Profile, Maxrad Mobile Antenna with great results locally. When portable the best results (so far) have been with the old faithful Radio Shack 800 MHz rubber duck. For me the key has been the elevation, a good antenna, and proper mounting. The stock antenna is pretty much useless for anything other than VERY local traffic, hence I never use it. Hope this helps, TT.

Status
Not open for further replies.