Tampa Bay React?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tmcmath

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone monitor the Tampa Bay React radio traffic? If so, what are the best channels with the most activity?

methusaleh

With most, if not all, members being licensed amateur radio operators, most of their talk tends to be on 2m and 70cm amateur radio frequencies.

tmcmath

Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the info. The frequencies list in the re database basically are not used then? Do you know what frequencies in the 2 and 70 meter bands are most commonly used. What type of traffic would be heard?

tampabaynews

Keeping your PIO busy
Premium Subscriber
I wouldn't expect to hear much Tampa Bay REACT traffic unless there was a local disaster, or training. And we're been lucky. I can't find their FCC license to operate on those frequencies but it still may be worth programming ones with repeater operation.

For what it's worth I know some of the UHF frequencies listed are business itinerant, which means they are shared use with other licensees. So you'll probably hear other kinds of radio traffic on those when not using tone squelch.

If you're trying to monitor local emergency comms by civilian groups, the NI4CE linked amateur repeater system is a good place to start. In a localized disaster situation some groups use F/GMRS for close range operations.

NI4CE Map & Frequencies | West Central Florida Group, Inc.

webley445

Best bet would be to program local repeaters and listen in on weekly check ins. Some are on repeaters, some are simplex. Great way to experiment if you have more than one antenna to see what you can and can't receive, placement, etc.

Local Nets | SPARC

Nets

I used to have all the links when I was active on ham. I would also say that you might consider getting a ham license as many of the clubs offer free testing and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.