Florida Fleet Talk NXDN in Tampa area ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

zlandmedia

not that florida man
Yes I have heard it in use. Do be aware though that the Tampa frequency, 454.64063 MHz is very. very close to Hillsborough County Public School's bus frequency, 454.65 MHz.

tampatracker

Thanks. Based on what you're hearing how active would you it is on a scale from 1 to 5?

ngel

Fleet talk

I have the oldsmar site , but I have a TRX1 so I only put in 452.8000 the other one is a control channel but on DSD I have heard voice on that channel also. Mostly the concrete company is a heavy user , have also heard American ambulance which is in Orlando I think , and the news copter. I’d give it a 5 for traffic during normal business hours and about a 1 or 2 on nights and weekends. Have also heard some Spanish speaking users on there as well.

Bolt21

Spark Chariot Driver
The day I upgraded, I attempted to monitor this system, recording for almost 24hrs with no hits. I then ran LCN finder, got the results in under a minute, and then the monitoring commenced. This applied (at least in my experience) to the HC Aviation Authority system as well.

JANFINE

Premium Subscriber
Florida fleet talk (nxdn)

You have to run the LCN finder after you program or import the frequencies.
The scanner will not hear anything until it has the LCN's.
Expect high numbered LCN's. Not 1-10.

ngel

I know a stringer group uses it, but it is encrypted last I heard. TT

Yeah their on there too but I’ve always heard it in clear so far. I’m talking about total traffic which is where I’m hearing the news traffic copter. The talkgroups are listed.

shadcall

I monitor this system in Daytona Beach and like Tampatracker had used my software program to import the channels. I also did not receive them as a trunked system but was able to listen to them when programmed as conventional frequencies. After reading this thread I ran the LCN finder and now can monitor them as a trunked system. Thanks for the great advice.

CanesFan95

Isn't it awkward how the Oldsmar & Tampa sites only have 2 frequencies? How can that even work? If one frequency is the control channel, then that only leaves 1 frequency for voice calls. Won't that cause users to get a lot of busy-outs? And how can other sites have a lot more frequencies at the same time ours only have 2? Not all the traffic can possibly be handled that way. In fact, there's a few sites with only 1 frequency which makes -0- zero sense at all. So you have 1 frequency that is the control channel and no available frequencies for voice calls? LOL. :confused: :roll:

MSS-Dave

Any channel in a site that is a control channel can be programmed as a composite to act as a voice channel when needed. No :roll.... it does work but it's better for a dedicated control with traffic channels.

Some sites have only 1 control channel dedicated while most have multiple. ALL channels could be programmed to act as control in a site and rollover at an indicated time. You can have one single channel in a site and it will act as control and traffic channel.

CanesFan95

So you mean one of those 1-frequency sites can actually have a voice call on the same frequency as the control channel at the same time?

CanesFan95

Well that's awesome. I didn't think it was TDMA.

But something else about this. Why is the Tampa area always so dead with business frequencies compared to other areas? Other counties have more frequencies on their sites, but we're like nothing. There's always been something lackluster about this area compared to elsewhere.

MSS-Dave

Well that's awesome. I didn't think it was TDMA.

But something else about this. Why is the Tampa area always so dead with business frequencies compared to other areas? Other counties have more frequencies on their sites, but we're like nothing. There's always been something lackluster about this area compared to elsewhere.
Not TDMA. I can't explain exactly here now but when the control channel changes to a traffic channel, radios in the field know that the channel is in use and will stay affiliated to the site.

ngel

Not TDMA. I can't explain exactly here now but when the control channel changes to a traffic channel, radios in the field know that the channel is in use and will stay affiliated to the site.

I have heard voice traffic on the control channel for the oldsmar site using DSD , however since I use a TRX 1 that doesn’t trunk track I don’t know how busy the control channel becomes with voice traffic since I mostly use the scanner for monitoring. With limited monitoring using DSD the control channel was not used often for voice on the oldsmar system from what I heard. I feel like there should be more frequencies for the amount of users on it but the oldsmar site is carrying traffic from Orlando area for some reason not real sure how that system works since it’s all over Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.