DUKE ENERGY TARPON SITE trunking issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

radioman2008

Batlabs user Wazzzzzzzzup (2001-Present)
Premium Subscriber
I have noticed lately im not hearing all of the conversations on the duke tarpon site. my uniden 436hp screen twitches when someone is talking but no audio is heard, then the next person to talk is heard fine. I RX the tower strong. Im wondering if there is some site changes occurring, like an added frequency that the scanner doest know about? i know with the type II trunking the control channel tells the radio to go to a specific FCC code so the radio doesnt need to know the actual freq, this is a Type II smartzone system

i have noticed this since last weekend, it happens on both TG on that site.

MSS-Dave

I have noticed lately im not hearing all of the conversations on the duke tarpon site. my uniden 436hp screen twitches when someone is talking but no audio is heard, then the next person to talk is heard fine. I RX the tower strong. Im wondering if there is some site changes occurring, like an added frequency that the scanner doest know about? i know with the type II trunking the control channel tells the radio to go to a specific FCC code so the radio doesnt need to know the actual freq, this is a Type II smartzone system

i have noticed this since last weekend, it happens on both TG on that site.
Program in all of the channels that are on that site as conventional and see if you receive all of them equally when there's traffic on the system. It sounds like there may be a power amplifier issue on one of the channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.