RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > U.S. Regional Radio Discussion Forums > Florida Radio Discussion Forum

Florida Radio Discussion Forum Forum for discussing Radio Information in the State of Florida.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-28-2012, 9:50 AM

Nothing LOWLY about a Tech class op! My XYL and I have been Extras for decades and have the utmost respect for all ops that operate in a manner that credits our hobby!
Sponsored links

Old 04-28-2012, 9:52 AM

Dade will encypt. Don't know when or what will be encypted.
Old 05-25-2012, 2:24 AM

I live in clearwater FL so I listen to the Clearwater police and Pinellas county Sheriffs Also St.Pete, and Tampa..I do not have anything very fancy right now that I use only the Android scanner.. Its pretty good considering.. I only have trouble understanding most of the lingo.. But I have Great Respect for ALL law Enforcement As I am a military BEAT.:-)
Old 05-25-2012, 11:21 AM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default codes and signals

if you'd like to email me at billpaul@ij.net I'll send you the codes and signals crib sheet my wife and I use for Polk. It should be pretty close for Pinellas as well.

auld willy
Old 05-25-2012, 2:01 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Clear Water EDACS File

Traveling to Clear Water and wanting to monitor the local PD and Beach Patrol. Anyone have a Programmer File they are willing to share so I can just shoot it into my P7100 and save some time keying it all in? Feel free to email offline at advancedrfcomm@sbcglobal.net

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored links
Old 05-25-2012, 2:31 PM

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by advancedrfcomm View Post
Traveling to Clear Water and wanting to monitor the local PD and Beach Patrol. Anyone have a Programmer File they are willing to share so I can just shoot it into my P7100 and save some time keying it all in? Feel free to email offline at advancedrfcomm@sbcglobal.net

Thanks in advance.
I would but I just listen on my tablet or cell phone.. Police scanner app by RadioReferance.com
Cc
Old 05-25-2012, 10:36 PM

Lightbulb codes and singals

Thank you so much.. That helps.. I do have another question if I May.. What are the 3digit codes.. Aka 005, etc ??
Rt
Chasity
Old 06-12-2012, 9:48 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

Default Clear Water Still In Use?

Is the EDACS system still in use for Clear Water Florida? Thanks in advance.
Old 06-12-2012, 9:55 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Quote:
Originally Posted by advancedrfcomm View Post
Is the EDACS system still in use for Clear Water Florida? Thanks in advance.
Not sure but I know that Pinellas County upgraded to P25:

Pinellas County Public Services (Project 25) Trunking System, Pinellas County, Florida - Scanner Frequencies

Sponsored links
Old 08-21-2012, 4:51 PM

ExportDawg text me when you get this message..863-528-2532...i beleive you are the one that walked me through all the steps to program my old scanner the GRE PSR800 and now I have the BCD396T and I am very lost and need help programming it...I live in polk county...if anyone else is very fimialar with this scanner please feel free also to help me out thanks alot!
Old 08-21-2012, 6:06 PM

ExportDawg text me when you get this message..863-528-2532...i beleive you are the one that walked me through all the steps to program my old scanner the GRE PSR800 and now I have the BCD396T and I am very lost and need help programming it...I live in polk county...if anyone else is very fimialar with this scanner please feel free also to help me out thanks alot!
Old 08-22-2012, 5:15 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

I have been on here for a while, but I moved so I figured I would re-introduce myself.

I now live in Tallahassee, Florida (Leon County). I am trying to really figure out the frequencies, as the trunked ones listed in the database no longer work from what my scanner tells me. Only a few odds and ends UHF frequencies are still operational. Fire, FSU PD, some Leon County SO (I believe). I wish I had some help with identifying some of the channels I've stumbled across, as I do not know many 10 codes or tell tale "signs" to look for.

Just in case someone is here that knows the frequencies for the area, here's a few that are unidentified:

Anyone have any input for me?
Old 11-16-2012, 9:16 PM
  Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

I just bought my scanner. It's a RS Pro 164. I'm at Daytona Beach, FL. I'm still on my learning curve to figure it out. I have the computer cable and think I downloaded correct from here.
I'm really wanting the local police and beach patrol. If anyone has tips let me know.

Nice to meet everyone!
Old 11-16-2012, 9:50 PM
FL, GA, AL, MS Admin
  Shack Photos
Shack photos
RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

The Leon County / Tallahassee is on P25 Digital. Your not going to hear much since most of the talkgroups are encrypted.

Tallahassee / Leon County (Project 25) Trunking System, Tallahassee , Florida - Scanner Frequencies

Based on your location the freqs your picking up are probably the following:

463.125 - Gadsden County EMS
453.125 - Gadsden County Sheriff Ch.1
460.450 - Gadsden County Sheriff Ch.2
460.100 - Wakulla County Sheriff

My Bad, Old Post, hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-WeB View Post
I have been on here for a while, but I moved so I figured I would re-introduce myself.

I now live in Tallahassee, Florida (Leon County). I am trying to really figure out the frequencies, as the trunked ones listed in the database no longer work from what my scanner tells me. Only a few odds and ends UHF frequencies are still operational. Fire, FSU PD, some Leon County SO (I believe). I wish I had some help with identifying some of the channels I've stumbled across, as I do not know many 10 codes or tell tale "signs" to look for.

Just in case someone is here that knows the frequencies for the area, here's a few that are unidentified:

Anyone have any input for me?

Last edited by wise871; 11-16-2012 at 10:07 PM..
Old 11-17-2012, 6:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb4dyu View Post
Dade will encypt. Ion't know when or what will be encypted.
I know for sure that Dade will not encrypt. This is from communications managers. They will go P25 though. Some car-car TGs will encrypt. Fire won't do anything to their system.
Sponsored links
Old 11-17-2012, 6:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels47130 View Post
I just bought my scanner. It's a RS Pro 164. I'm at Daytona Beach, FL. I'm still on my learning curve to figure it out. I have the computer cable and think I downloaded correct from here.
I'm really wanting the local police and beach patrol. If anyone has tips let me know.

Nice to meet everyone!
HI Wheels! I have had bad experiences with the cable. Just program it manually with a power cord so you don't eastern your battery if you have rechargeable batteries. It's a time consuming process but it works.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:37 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Really?

I've used my programming software and cable for multiple downloads and love it, especially for the the big trunking groups.
Old 12-04-2012, 6:21 PM
  Shack Photos
Shack photos

Hi all those others in Floriduh,

I am in hillsborough county, in Sun City. Mostly i monitor the local repeaters, fire safety and of course police traffic. Tampa ATC is fun too.

Jen
Old 03-13-2013, 3:12 AM

Default Martin county in da house

I am just moved to the martin county from seminole retired LEO. listening to martin county nd surrounding
area SO PD FD AIR...etc.. on a bcd396xt still programming. this area is a PITA. A virtual cornucopia of digital, analog, encryptd ,flers... its a challenge any help would be appreciated.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:43 PM

Welcome brother, I went with the GRE PSR-800 n got all basses covered along with it being easier to program than most others......
I've had it for 15 months n it's worked perfectly!
Ozzy
BC780XLT

Tags