Fpl

Status
Not open for further replies.

sjcscanner

Premium Subscriber
i recently tried to program florida power and light system into my scanner(pro-95). i have never delt with a system this big. do i have to program all of the frequencies, or just the ones for st.augustine where i live. i tried to program just the st.augusting frequencies, but heard no control channel. i did however, press program, and happened to land on a voice channel, and did hear someone talking. any body know whats going on or if i have to pgm the whole system?

khvfdff

FPL is all narrowband therefore I don't think that you can monitor that type of system with a Pro-95. You will need a current radio shack or uniden scanner that will monitor narrowband systems. EDACS narrowband is site to site while EDACS Wide is one site on multiple towers. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

321cm

khvfdff said:
FPL is all narrowband therefore I don't think that you can monitor that type of system with a Pro-95. You will need a current radio shack or uniden scanner that will monitor narrowband systems. EDACS narrowband is site to site while EDACS Wide is one site on multiple towers. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
You can listen with a 95, it just wont trunk so just put in the frequency's of the tower closest to you and scan them in logical order, also lock out the control channel. EDACS narrow just has a short data-like noise then a 3-4 sec pause vs the Beep Beep Beep on regular EDACS, it's not hard to follow at all in conventional mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.