RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Announcements and News > Forum Rules and Guidelines

Forum Rules and Guidelines For threads regarding rules and guidelines for using the forums. If you post on these forums these threads are REQUIRED reading. No public posting is allowed here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 12:05 AM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin

Default Frequently Asked Administrative Questions

The purpose of this thread is to answer the most common questions related to post and/or user administration on the forums.

1) How do I change my username?
The site owner, Mr. Lindsay Blanton, is the only person who may do this. You must email him privately at webmaster @ radioreference.com. Be ready to give a good reason why it needs to be changed. Generally usernames are changed because of an amateur radio callsign grant - or change - or you later decide your username should have not contained your true name. All else will undoubtedly be denied.

2) How do I edit my post(s)?
Editing posts becomes disabled after two hours. Only immediately after you post can you edit it. Please note that some forums may have editing completely disabled. A word of warning: think twice before you post about your employer. In dire straits contact a moderator for the forum and plead your case.

3) How do I delete my post(s) or thread(s)?
Report your post or one of the posts in the thread by clicking the at the upper right of the post. If there are no posts to report, notify a moderator and provide a reason. The forum moderators are listed at the bottom of each forum. You may also contact a supermoderator (loumaag, scannerfreak, or tonsoffun) as they have global control of the forums. Please contact a forum moderator before contacting a supermoderator.

4) How do I add/edit my signature or avatar?
At the upper left of all pages is User CP. Please click it or the link I just provided. Animated avatars are not permitted.

5) How do I add/remove/edit my thread subscriptions?
You can edit these settings via your User CP (Control Panel). You have the option to set a default action when you subscribe to a thread. This can be set via Edit Options from the User CP. To modify subscribed forums visit the main page of yourUser CP.

6) I'm not seeing my post after I post it!
ALL NEW MEMBERS ARE MODERATED. Once a few posts are approved you are changed to a standard member and can post freely. This is done to stop spam and disruptive members. Please see http://forums.radioreference.com/for...-new-post.html

7) Why is my post count not increasing?
Creating a thread or replying to one in any forum within the Tavern category does not go towards your overall post count.

8) Can you delete my account?
We do not delete or remove accounts. Please refer to the TOS. If you no longer have a use for your account please do not use it anymore.

9) After I send a Private Message the message does not show as sent/is in my "Sent" folder.
The former default was to not turn on the Sent folder so your account has it turned off. Go to Your Control Panel; Settings and Options; Edit Options. Look for Private Messaging and then make sure this is checked: Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default.

10) If I'm logged in to the DB when I browse to the forums it shows me logged out (or I have to re-login to the DB after logging in to the forums
User authentication for the forums is completely separate from any other part of the domain. Logging in to the forums will not log you in anywhere else, and vice versa.

11) How do I get the amateur radio icon to show on my posts?
You need to add your callsign to your account profile here. Look for "Amateur Radio Callsign" under General Account Details and enter it in the box beneath it.

- --

When in doubt check your Forums User CP or your Account configuration for the main site!

If all else fails use SEARCH and choose this forum and/or the Forums Administration forum, or choose the link "Search this Forum" shown at the upper right of every forum.

For any additions please contact me or one of the Admin forum moderators. Thanks!
Please follow the forum rules and contact a moderator directly, not via a thread.

Last edited by WayneH; 06-23-2013 at 6:10 AM..
Sponsored links