NEW RadioReference Classifieds Platform - Beta test

Status
Not open for further replies.

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
RadioReference is pleased to announce the BETA release of the RadioReference Classified Ads platform! Your help is needed over the next few days as we test this platform.

Main Index - RadioReference Classifieds

Some notes:

1) Moving forward, only premium subscribers will be allowed to post ads in the RadioReference Classifieds. This is to help protect against numerous instances of fraud. All other users can participating in the classifieds including comments and the buy/sell process.

2) You can place for sale and auctions, and wanted ads on this platform.

3) This is in beta, so your feedback is welcomed and encouraged.

4) If you want, you can post your ads here and in the current forums classifieds forums until we make the switch.

5) If the beta goes well we will close the existing forums classifieds and use this platform full time.

Warm regards,

Last edited:

Highpockets

Looks great, everything seperated nicely.

To bad that couldn't be above the Classified Section on the Forum Menu marked Beta Classified Section, it would get more attention there, but, I guess you have a reason that you didn't put it there.

WouffHong

Edit

Wouff, it's there. Top right corner of the ad - click "Product options" and review the drop down...

Actually. Lindsay, that was the first thing I tried - maybe it's my end, but none of the drop-down symbols had a popup function description.

After trying the first one (which removed it from my watch list), I opted to stop experimenting! ::D :D :D

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yes, there aren't any descriptions yet on those icons - I'm working on that... hover over them for a few seconds to see the purpose of the icon... it will pop up after hovering for a few seconds.

burner50

The Third Variable
Database Admin
Yes, there aren't any descriptions yet on those icons - I'm working on that... hover over them for a few seconds to see the purpose of the icon... it will pop up after hovering for a few seconds.

Some of those buttons dont work, and the drop down disappears after a few seconds (5 or 6?)....

Also, will user data be migrated automatically?

N0IU

I placed an ad (in computer & peripherals). Unless I missed something, there is no way to preview the ad before submitting it and now I would like to edit it. Under shipping, I put TBD, but the ad came up with a shipping cost of None. Thank goodness I posted "Buyer to pay actual shipping cost" in the text. Also, some of the text is a different size and color.

I will admit I kind of blew through this pretty quick and may have missed some important information about formatting.

I know some forums do no allow editing of classifieds, but it would be nice to have a preview option.

Thanks!

N0IU

I swear Lindsay, those options were not there when I posted my ad!!

As far as the shipping, it appears that the only option is to put in a dollar amount, but I would like to see an option (drop down box?) that says something like "TBD" or "Buyer Pays Actual Cost"

Otherwise, looks great!

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Looks sharp! God willing, it'll drastically cut down on all the BS scams around here lately. Of course, no system is perfect and there's no substitute for due diligence and common sense on the part of the parties involved in any transactions.

WouffHong

vindication! (ROTFL)

Rojuh THAT, Hyoostun.. :) :lol:

I was seeing only 3 buttons and an admin when I posted that 1st ad, now it rocks! :)
Wouff

nova1010

Can we have the option of locking our add once its been sold/traded like they do on batlabs?

I personally have received many PM's after I've sold/traded a radio.

BTW looks great :)

Status
Not open for further replies.