Yearly badges for stream providers on Broadcastify

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tryton

I was just thinking, It would be cool to have a badge depicting years of streaming service (Like Xbox has). You could even have temp badges like most listeners for day, week, month. Folks like to be recognized for their work.. what do you think?

I brought tis up a while back,,cant remember,but an admin replied..

said they steered away from that(badges for post count) to avoid risk of
some who may post for fame,,,

i agreed,,Although,,,

Icons for length of service,like streaming,,Yes,,that takes actual time and cost
to the provider,,(120vac,for computer,scanner,router,,,$$ for the internet connect)

in short,,Yes,for providers,,You all earned it..

just my 4.7 cents...

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
It's already been proven time and time again in these forums that providing a stream to RR doesn't cost the streamer anything. You already have the computer, scanner, Internet connection and... electricity can't be more then 2-3 cents per year! :)

Good Grief...Really,Just could not focus on topic,,had to knit pick..
Programming radios,keeping machines up to date takes effort.
So....
OK DR science guy,,Show me the White papers,,the blind studies that
prove your hypothesis...

I still bump the idea..
Providers are allowing hundreds,if not thousands of people,with out scanners access to what we turn on and off at the push of a switch..

Cheers to em!

Skypilot007

Premium Subscriber
It's already been proven time and time again in these forums that providing a stream to RR doesn't cost the streamer anything. You already have the computer, scanner, Internet connection and... electricity can't be more then 2-3 cents per year! :)

Just because we have spare computers and scanners/radios laying around doesn't mean they didn't cost us anything. I suppose someone gave you all your equipment. I had to buy mine! As for the badges I could care less. Just want to make that point to K4IHS.:)

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
I had to buy all my stuff too! Just repeating what rdale has told me over and over again. :)

Back on topic. Do you really want your personal masthead to look like an Army generals chest?

rdale

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Premium Subscriber
I listened rdale but I'm not a believer. There are costs to the streamer...

Of course, I imagine it probably runs me $3 per year for the electric. Never said it was nil...

K4IHS

Premium Subscriber
I'm not high on burner50's list either. I was impressed with your software by the way... :)

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
Okay, I was just going to pass this by, but my curiosity just overwhelmed my sense of better judgement.

To the OP and those that support this idea, what does it have to do with the forums? Why are you not asking this question on the Live Audio forum, which I hope gets moved to Broadcastify when it gets fully launched? I mean, once Broadcastify is going, it will have nothing to do with RadioReference or the forums here, so why is this something of any interest here?

lowboy654

DB Admin Member
Database Admin
Okay, I was just going to pass this by, but my curiosity just overwhelmed my sense of better judgement.

To the OP and those that support this idea, what does it have to do with the forums? Why are you not asking this question on the Live Audio forum, which I hope gets moved to Broadcastify when it gets fully launched? I mean, once Broadcastify is going, it will have nothing to do with RadioReference or the forums here, so why is this something of any interest here?

Well said.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
I was just thinking, It would be cool to have a badge depicting years of streaming service (Like Xbox has). You could even have temp badges like most listeners for day, week, month. Folks like to be recognized for their work.. what do you think?
Administration of this would be a nightmare. I don't see a way to automate this either. I'm not familiar with what "Xbox" is doing so I can't comment on their implementation.

Better yet, why don't stream providers do the same in their signatures? Plus, since Broadcastify will not necessarily be affiliated with RadioReference, I don't see a reason to support it on our end.

One13Truck

Feed Provider
In theory not a completely bad idea to have badges for how many years we've been broadcasting but at least for me I don't need it. I have my blue icon (that hopefully won't go away when the Broadcastify split happens). And I can always put something like "Since MMXII" in my signature or my feed info...

gr8rcall

Premium Subscriber
Administration of this would be a nightmare. I don't see a way to automate this either. I'm not familiar with what "Xbox" is doing so I can't comment on their implementation.

Better yet, why don't stream providers do the same in their signatures? Plus, since Broadcastify will not necessarily be affiliated with RadioReference, I don't see a reason to support it on our end.

Yeah, just put something in your signature!
Example:

(insert photo of a "1," ect...) Years of streaming service!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.