368997g0ziycerr8.gif

Ok I 'm going to another scanner monitoring forum
the amit and the mods are rude here
so I give you the results of your rudeness

You won't be hearing from until this Mod scan if over with
see you after . BYE.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

All he seemed to do was whine about P25, and how expensive P25 capable scanners are. Some one call Whine one one that guy needs a Waaaaambulance...

AirScan1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
FYI
it making my scanner look useless for the money I spend on it.
that was my rant.
anyways I gone from here it more like Russia than USA

AZScanner

Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very col
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9780; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.600 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

All he seemed to do was whine about P25, and how expensive P25 capable scanners are.

To be honest, I share some of those same sentiments. I think today's digital scanners are severely overpriced and focus too much on fancy bells and whistles and not enough on doing the job they were designed to do (such as actually decode the transmissions correctly for example).

I've suggested numerous times that what manufacturers need to do is focus on a simple, easy to operate digital scanner that only covers one band, such as 700MHz to 800MHz. It doesn't need to have close call or signal stalker or a direct connect to the RR database or a GPS interface or a fancy touch screen with cute little color icons. It just needs to work and not sound like Max Headroom humping R2-D2 when decoding a transmission. That's. It.

And despite the fact that manufacturers frequently haunt this forum and use it to market their latest creations have any of them taken me up on the idea? No. Not one. Instead it's "LOOKIE LOOKIE, here's a scanner that covers every frequency from DC to Daylight and looks like an iPod! Hurry up, get them now, they're only $500 each, which is the same price we've been charging for digital scanners for the last ten years! It will still decode simulcast systems like crap but WHO CARES, it also has the WHOLE RRDB in it!" No, no, no, no, NO - way wrong answer, guys.

I also think today's digital public safety radio systems are a HUGE waste of taxpayer dollars and were completely unnecessary. What was so un-interoperable about analog VHF and UHF? Nothing! So why did we waste, as a nation, BILLIONS of dollars on this stuff? So that law enforcement could encrypt things and keep the public out? It damn sure wasn't for interoperability because we already had that back in the 60's before all this trunking and digital garbage was even a twinkle in some RF engineer's eye.

So yeah... I can relate. :)

-AZ

AirScan1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
DITTO
not knocking anyone radio scanner but the cost mainly insane mentaly .
there are other frequencies to scan if the police and some other service become stuck ups.
getting by with ADPS MCSO, other frequencies , PHX IPD I go to my smartphone scanner feed app to hear it , AZ Scanner , it's a crying that Mods and Amits don't understand
so it just drove me away when wreck my prolie when they no right to so .

Net-5

To be honest, I share some of those same sentiments. I think today's digital scanners are severely overpriced and focus too much on fancy bells and whistles and not enough on doing the job they were designed to do (such as actually decode the transmissions correctly for example).

I've suggested numerous times that what manufacturers need to do is focus on a simple, easy to operate digital scanner that only covers one band, such as 700MHz to 800MHz. It doesn't need to have close call or signal stalker or a direct connect to the RR database or a GPS interface or a fancy touch screen with cute little color icons. It just needs to work and not sound like Max Headroom humping R2-D2 when decoding a transmission. That's. It.

And despite the fact that manufacturers frequently haunt this forum and use it to market their latest creations have any of them taken me up on the idea? No. Not one. Instead it's "LOOKIE LOOKIE, here's a scanner that covers every frequency from DC to Daylight and looks like an iPod! Hurry up, get them now, they're only $500 each, which is the same price we've been charging for digital scanners for the last ten years! It will still decode simulcast systems like crap but WHO CARES, it also has the WHOLE RRDB in it!" No, no, no, no, NO - way wrong answer, guys.

I also think today's digital public safety radio systems are a HUGE waste of taxpayer dollars and were completely unnecessary. What was so un-interoperable about analog VHF and UHF? Nothing! So why did we waste, as a nation, BILLIONS of dollars on this stuff? So that law enforcement could encrypt things and keep the public out? It damn sure wasn't for interoperability because we already had that back in the 60's before all this trunking and digital garbage was even a twinkle in some RF engineer's eye.

So yeah... I can relate. :)

-AZ

While this may be somewhat off topic regarding the situation with the OP, you are absolutely right about government agencies buying staggeringly overpriced (and many times unnecessary in my experience) radio and other communications equipment systems. Looking at it from a scanner monitoring (and tax payers) point of view is troubling enough as it is.

But the fun really begins when an employer foists a load of expensive crap on those tasked with having to use it, without any design/operational input from the users and with tons of bugs yet to be worked out (despite the promises of the company reps and techs prior to roll out) that put responders lives in jeopardy.

But that's okay I suppose, because in a few years time the calculated and planned obsolescence of the system will require further expensive upgrades or maybe even total replacement. Woo hoo!

Anything for the almighty dollar these days.

elk2370bruce

FYI
it making my scanner look useless for the money I spend on it.
that was my rant.
anyways I gone from here it more like Russia than USA

Another fine example of Whine and Cheez! Don't let that swinging door hit you in the butt on the way out. Have you considered the possibility the problem lies with you and not everyone else? If you haven't, START.

searingxheretic

Premium Subscriber
Isn't this why there's a rant category in the tavern? Go ***** there and no one will care. PS.. I knew scanning was an expensive hobby before I got into it. If you can't afford it, head over to broadcastify.com.

Sent from my cm_tenderloin using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

W2NJS

There are very, very few people on this Board whose posts are a total waste of everyone's time but this guy was definitely one of them. If you wish to engage in a technical hobby please take the time to learn something about the subject before you go bothering others with your ignorant comments. I, like the rest of you, have suffered through this clown's stupid, ill-informed posts and I am glad he's gone, or at least I hope he's gone.

Highpockets

There are very, very few people on this Board whose posts are a total waste of everyone's time but this guy was definitely one of them. If you wish to engage in a technical hobby please take the time to learn something about the subject before you go bothering others with your ignorant comments. I, like the rest of you, have suffered through this clown's stupid, ill-informed posts and I am glad he's gone, or at least I hope he's gone.

I think he's close, Lou Maag has tried to be nice, but, I think he has two strikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.