Malware warning for admins

Status
Not open for further replies.

corbintechboy

Premium Subscriber
Just a heads up (to admins). chrome is giving a malware warning and wanting me to not visit the site.

Just a heads up.

maalox

here to

firefox wont let ne connect to radio ref i had to use ie said a attack at radioreference has been blocked

SCPD

QRT
Chrome lets you continue at your own risk - Bet it's an attack by the religious hackers that got my website a while back.

dirtfinder

After advancing at my own risk AVG kicked out a AVG detection and the treat was removed on my end ... It was a Exploit Redkit type 1952 if that helps and a URL name associated with it of (AND DO NOT CLICK IF IT LINKS IT OUT) of alpinepharma.cmartdevices.com/anzn.htm

IredellMon

OK for anyone coming here wanting to know what the heck is going on when they see a malware warning... here's the poop. A good number of major web sites have been black listed by google's malware algorithms in the last 24 hours. It is a result of a hack into a site used by an advertiser (NetSeer). Sites that have included the hacked advertiser in their web pages are now flagged. In most or maybe all cases from today the warnings are no longer pertinent, however proceed at your own risk. Best defense is a good anti-virus/web safety program. If you don’t have one then follow the recommendation of Google. Even if you do, then your mileage still might vary.. Good luck.

(Interesting tidbit.. apparently Microsoft's Internet Explorer didn't perceive a threat nor give a warning. But Netseer was hacked so maybe they should have?)

Last edited:

NHdave

Premium Subscriber
I was wondering if it might be advertising related, as I block most of the major advertising networks that explains why I didn't have any issues.

hamstang

Premium Subscriber
I think it's also Java related. I removed Java from my PC several weeks ago. I received a popup box on RR forums this afternoon telling me I need Java on this site. Never had seen that warning here before

NHdave

Premium Subscriber
I think it's also Java related. I removed Java from my PC several weeks ago. I received a popup box on RR forums this afternoon telling me I need Java on this site. Never had seen that warning here before

Got that as well. 2 things I don't have on any of my computers, Java, and adobe reader.

KC7PSX

Premium Subscriber
Googles' diagnostics describe events over a 90-day period, what, this Netseer thing was the straw that broke the camels back? But Google makes no mention of it on the diags page. Better safe than sorry IMO, just put off my downloads until Google, StopBadWare.org and all the others give RR a clean bill of health - or at least a diagnostics description that jibes with what we know from experience ;)

oracavon

FYI, here is what's currently being reported by Google for Firefox. It sounds like more than just "suspicious" javascript. It's claiming that several instances of malware were actually downloaded and installed on target machines.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for radioreference.com

What is the current listing status for radioreference.com?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 21 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 415 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 138 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2013-02-25, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2013-02-25.

Malicious software includes 51 trojan(s), 17 exploit(s). Successful infection resulted in an average of 7 new process(es) on the target machine.

Malicious software is hosted on 13 domain(s), including rwilmott.com/, electriccars2000.com/, northprovidencemartialarts.com/.

2 domain(s) appear to be functioning as intermediaries for distributing malware to visitors of this site, including bluelagoonbusinesssolutions.com/, statistic-online.com/.

This site was hosted on 4 network(s) including AS16509 (AMAZON), AS14618 (AMAZON), AS13335 (CLOUDFLARENET).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, radioreference.com appeared to function as an intermediary for the infection of 2 site(s) including 174.129.16.0/, ec2-174-129-16-232.compute-1.amazonaws.com/.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

Return to the previous page.
If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

ScanFanWV

Premium Subscriber
I am also suddenly having this problem with trying to get onto RadioReference.com.

It started around 6:43 PM Eastern Time. I was on RR and tried to click a link to go to the Forum, and I was redirected to a page that said that visiting RR "may harm your computer."

The site seems to belong to something called "StopBadware.org," and it says in the lower left corner "Advisory provided by Google."

I thought that I had a browser hijacking or some virus/malware on my computer, but I haven't found anything other than "BetterInstaller.exe," which I had Avast isolate and delete. (I didn't know BetterInstaller.exe was in my computer.)

Also, my browser history shows that right after I started having the problem getting to RadioReference.com, the title of the Forum page came up as "The RadioReference.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin." I haven't seen this before - this "vBulletin" thing. Could it be part of the problem?

I hate how these companies try to protect me without giving me options. I wasn't even USING GOOGLE!!! I wasn't on their page! Who are they to stick their noses into a website that I'm already ON??!!

I had to force my browser to go to RR (which took some work!) because these Big Brother Twits don't even give you an override option on their good-for-nothing "warning" page!

Status
Not open for further replies.