RadioReference on Facebook   RadioReference on Twitter   RadioReference Blog

Go Back   The RadioReference.com Forums > Site Administration Forums > Forums Administration

Forums Administration For administrative questions about the forums or problems with its use. Before you ask, did you read here first?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 06-17-2013, 7:25 AM
  RadioReference Database Admininstrator
Database Admin
Amateur Radio Operator
Amateur Radio

Default Updated member status icons not showing

I updated my membership to a Premium status the other day. My posts are now showing as simply "Member" instead of having the Ham Radio, Feed Provider, Database Admin and Premium Subscriber tags and icons. Is this a normal thing or is there a problem?

EDIT: It looks like this is a non-issue or a minor one at least. It shows up fine in this post so it may be a problem with replying to others posts. I don't know.

Ah-ha! It only shows up incorrectly after editing a post. Normal viewing of a forum post looks correct. But after you edit a post it shows up minus the upgraded members status icons. Weird. Still only shows 3 icons (none for Premium Subscriber)

Last edited by ST-Bob; 06-17-2013 at 7:31 AM.. Reason: Problem apparently resolved
Sponsored links
Old 06-17-2013, 1:19 PM

Location: Somewhere in this room. Right now, you're very cold.

It's not a bug, it's a feature!

As long as you can get to the features you paid for as a premium member, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it, but that's just me. I'm a premium member too, but oftentimes my posts do the same thing as yours. I can still use the premium features though, so I'm like "meh" about it.

-AZ
Old 06-17-2013, 1:28 PM

If you use Quick Reply or edit a post, the icons will not show up until you refresh the page.

Both the Feed Provider and Database Admin icons override the Premium Subscription icon. As long as you maintain either status, you will never see the Premium Subscription icon.

Also, while I'm sure Lindsay appreciates your financial support of the site, there was absolutely no reason for you to "update". As noted above, being either a Feed Provider or Database Admin grants you an automatic premium subscription. You've gained nothing by purchasing a subscription, you were already at the premium subscription level.
Old 06-17-2013, 1:34 PM
  Premium Subscriber
Premium Subscriber

...deleted post...

Chauffeur6 answered it while I was typing.

Last edited by QDP2012; 06-17-2013 at 1:37 PM..