Custom forum editing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Hi, I was wondering if it would be possible to have a forum version that allows users to customize their own look? I am quite busy now and don't have time to get on RR much less look at all the different forums on RR so I was wondering if its possible to pick and choose what forums you want to see when you log in? Thanks.

Rt169Radio

Premium Subscriber
Just subscribe to the ones you want, and then chose Your Forum Profile from forum drop down list. Only subscribed forums will show.

Wow, thanks for the info. That was kinda what I was looking for. :)

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
Yup I did, but I decided to rephrase the question just in case it was misunderstood. I wasn't sure if anyone would understand what I was talking about in my previous question.
You could have replied to the thread to rephrase your question.

You have two easy options built in to the forums... first is to collapse the forum categories that don't interest you. If you have random specific forum interests then this won't work. If this does interest you then click the two up pointing chevrons at the right of the category name. Second is to subscribe to the forum. Subscribed forums are accessible under your User CP. When within the forum you want click "Forum Tools" right above the Announcements.

The more difficult option is to use Firefox and use extensions like Stylish or GreaseMonkey to define how you want the pages to look. These will work for you but they will require a serious learning curve. You may even have luck with extensions that permit you to remove elements of a page like Remove It Permanently and various others.

Status
Not open for further replies.