Spellchecker

Status
Not open for further replies.

teufler

Do the RR have a spell checker to review what has been typed in. I only type with one hand and at times my fingers drag across keys or I get stumped on a word. My email service has a spell checker as does Word. I have loked but I'm not seeing one if is there.

rwier

When I type misspelled words into the message box, they are underlined in red until I correct them. However, I never associated this activity with RR?

rwier

Do the RR have a spell checker to review what has been typed in. I only type with one hand and at times my fingers drag across keys or I get stumped on a word. My email service has a spell checker as does Word. I have loked but I'm not seeing one if is there.

In fact, when I quote your message above, "loked" is underlined in red. Again, I'm not sure this has anything to do with RR.

teufler

YES I typed a word wrong.

When you say a word was red or underlined red as it is misspelled, I am not seeing this at all. I am just wondering what I am doing wrong, a setting that isn't set right, or something else. I am striving to proof read everything now but mistakes get through. Kind of slow to proof read.

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Spell Checker

I use Fire Fox add on "United States English Spell checker 7.0.1" and of course Chrome has it's own. I often just open a "Writer" Document from Free Libre Office and type my messages on that using it's built in spell checker, copy and paste the corrected version into the space. I do that for on line comments too since many of the spaces seem so slow/sluggish to type on in Yahoo or other Internet comment boards. Even Word Pad and text files programs have spell check in them now from what I remember.

NHdave

Premium Subscriber
When I type misspelled words into the message box, they are underlined in red until I correct them. However, I never associated this activity with RR?

Because it's not an RR function, it's a function of your web browser, not the web pages you're visiting.

teufler

OK, i'll work this out. I think I am browsering with Win Explorer that is not underlining anything in red. I am playing around with TOR and its browser does underline in red, at times. Interesting product.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I have a spell checker within Microsoft Internet Explorer. I don't recall if it showed up after installing Windows Live Mail (part of Windows Essentials), or if it was my Microsoft Office open source, free clone, LibreOffice.

NHdave

Premium Subscriber
I have a spell checker within Microsoft Internet Explorer. I don't recall if it showed up after installing Windows Live Mail (part of Windows Essentials), or if it was my Microsoft Office open source, free clone, LibreOffice.

Neither, it showed up as a feature with IE10.

baybum

Teufler, what's easier for you, changing your browser, or using WORD, or whatever word processor you have installed?

Status
Not open for further replies.