"Liking" a Post

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcoleman

My apologies if this has been brought up before.

I've been on some other forums that are also using vBulletin, that allow the users to "Like" a post. It's a handy option if you like or agree with something someone has posted, without actually having to reply to that post.

I was curious if this might be an option that could be considered for activation in the future.

Thanks,
Keith

RDGDigital

@kcoleman - This has been brought up before (even once by me) and the admins decided that it wouldn't be a good idea on his forum. Their chief complaint was that on other forums that they were familiar with, this always brought out the "Like Whores". Those are people who just post to increase their "Like" counts. Some even going as far as putting reasons for giving them "likes" in their signatures.

@toastycookies - The Like system doesn't include a "Dislike" feature.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Note that you do have the ability to rate threads.

In the header at the top of the thread, you should see a Rate Thread pull-down. Click the pull-down arrow, choose the number of stars you want to assign and "vote".

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
"Liking" a Post

The reason it hasn't been implemented is due to the numerous modifications that have been made to the forums software.

Adding a plugin further complicates things.

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Why is their a like button on tapatalk for android now then? I use tapatalk on both my android device and my apple device. It is not present on the apple device.

kcoleman

The reason it hasn't been implemented is due to the numerous modifications that have been made to the forums software.

Adding a plugin further complicates things.

Thanks Mike. I did see one of the other admin posts talking about the additional complications that some plug-ins presented.

Thanks for the info.

Regards,
Keith

n5ims

I can see it now once the "Like" feature goes live. Post after post after post of some poor injured child with the text "RadioReference will donate $1.00 for every like, ..."

Last edited:

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Why is their a like button on tapatalk for android now then? I use tapatalk on both my android device and my apple device. It is not present on the apple device.

When you press it, does it do anything? Does anything show up when the post its viewed through a web browser?

kcoleman

Moderators, you can close this thread if you like. This is clearly going down a path that I did not intend. Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
Keith

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
When you press it, does it do anything? Does anything show up when the post its viewed through a web browser?

In the droid version I can see who else has liked the post. It shows in the droid app, but not the IOS version. I have no idea about a web browser, as I do not use a web browser very often

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Moderators, you can close this thread if you like. This is clearly going down a path that I did not intend. Thank you for your time.

Best regards,
Keith

Huh??? This is tame. Should see some of the other threads on this forum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
In the droid version I can see who else has liked the post. It shows in the droid app, but not the IOS version. I have no idea about a web browser, as I do not use a web browser very often

I've got the Droid version installed now and can't see to find out how to like a post or see any posts that are liked.

Any suggestions on where to look?

mikewazowski

Staff member
Forums Manager
Yes, I see that on another forum that has Likes enabled but I don't see it here and I don't see any way of doing it.

Try liking this post and I'll see if it shows up.

I'm using Tapatalk 4.9.5

Status
Not open for further replies.