Ads

Status
Not open for further replies.

RKG

How come all of a sudden I am seeing advertisements at the top of each forum page?

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
I have them at the bottom of the page, using Chrome. Pretty sure this is new.

Attachments

• Ads.jpg
    Ads.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 410

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
Ublock Origin/Ublock orign extra, OpenDNS "web spam, ad blocking" and best of all? MVPS HOST files blocking not just ad servers but malicious garbage. I haven't seen an ad in years and years unless I make an exception.

mciupa

Database Admin
If you click that little triangle that has Ad Choices in the ad, it will tell you who is sending the ad and how to opt out on your device.

cmdrwill

Ad's are making it difficult to read the Forums, darned ads at top, and bottom. Amazon on top most of the time.

RKG

Whatever is going on, it is a change that was made in the last week or two. The ads make the screen jump around, and this makes viewing the forums irritating at best ( and bordering on impossible at worst). This could be an effective way of driving folks away from the site if not fixed.

FKimble

And since the ads thing started, my back button will not work. I have to go back to the view new messages and start scrolling down the page again. Takes me 3 times longer to read over the new messages every morning.

Frank KK4YTM

blantonl

Founder and CEO
Staff member
Super Moderator
I have made some changes to ads on the site, including adding some amazon ads for relevant products to the community.

If you are a premium subscriber, you should see no ads on the site except the one at the bottom of the page (for now) - I'll look to block that ad from showing for premium subscribers since we advertise (no pun intended!) that premium subscribers will not see any ads on the site.

Note that we really only show ads for relevant content to our subscribers (for the most part). For instance, those amazon ads at the top have resulted in members here in the forums purchasing almost 40 products over the past 3 days. So they are working :)

NC1

I had not been on this site in about a week, but when I visited yesterday there were the same ads everyone is referring to. I knew I did not see them before so I guess it's not just me.

Something along the line made a change (malfunction) in the server?

eorange

♦Insane Asylum Premium Member♦
The Spectrum ad on the left side of the home page is really bad...takes over the page when you hover over it, and then leaves the home page all jacked up. I have to reload the page to fix it. And in this case, 'Spectrum' is definitely not the radio hobby kind!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.